Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Theoben GP .177

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    nope, yours is none of them...
    hahaha.

Of all the notorious and famed brains that frequent this forum, who is regarded as the "numero uno" on Theoben variants - perhaps a plea for assistance may be in order... Id rather not start fiddling until I have some assurance that the fiddling will count towards something positive (By means of a detectable second stage)
    https://www.walnut.black

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    agreed, defo not Evo, but the countryman has the safety inside the guard - well mine does. This is the pull down / outside the guard safety. Also the omega trigger is the type fitted to the SLR88 - different again!
    Though they have different safeties I wouldn't be surprised if they had the same trigger mechanism. After all the omega didn't have a safety in the trigger guard either.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Quote Originally Posted by GSMN1 View Post
    hahaha.

Of all the notorious and famed brains that frequent this forum, who is regarded as the "numero uno" on Theoben variants - perhaps a plea for assistance may be in order... Id rather not start fiddling until I have some assurance that the fiddling will count towards something positive (By means of a detectable second stage)
    Hi, there is a guy called, Eric, Guy on here who I believe is a big theoben collector. He may be able to advise.

Regards Max
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

All my rammer triggers break like glass , no creep and very predictable,

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    Though they have different safeties I wouldn't be surprised if they had the same trigger mechanism. After all the omega didn't have a safety in the trigger guard either.
    Actually that's a fair point, the underlying trigger may be the same irrespective of safety.... Geoff, the Omega trigger is quite easy to identify - here's a piccy:

Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Cheers Jon. Very helpful. Still travelling and not near the gun, but from the photo alone that looks like it could well be the same trigger. Hex bolts definately in the same place. Will investigate and report back. If it is the Omega, is it the same principle? Clockwise pressure on hex bolt to increase second stage?

So the weekend (and time for tinkering) is nearly upon us. One more piece of friendly advice required. I am separating the stock and action. The external safety (in front of the trigger guard) appears is required to be removed. Any advice? Is it a simple undo and replacement. Or are there any elaborate procedures / warnings of springs flying out etc etc. First timer... just don’t want to mess with a classic.

So. The safety comes out with a spanner. Gently does it and watch the oring underneath the guard. Action and stock split nicely. Cleaned up the action with some singer oil and 0000 grade. Trigger took 3/16 of a turn (clockwise) on the hexbolt and there was soon enough second stage to be positive yet provide a light enough break. Need to put a hundred pellets through because a) I want to fine tune / refine the break of the trigger; and b) it’s my new toy and I’m a kid

Trigger

Happy you sorted it, it just takes a bit of confidence and patience! Hope you are pleased with the result. David

The triggers are easy to sort provided you don't turn the hex too much
    Cheers Ray