Thread: Origina/Diana Model 75 Match Diopter for sale.

Origina/Diana Model 75 Match Diopter for sale.

I have an Original/Diana Model 75 diopter for sale.

I bought this diopter sight as a spare so I could keep one fitted to my Model 75 rifle for 6 yard MPL shooting and keep the other one set for 10 meter shooting - and this turned out to be a very good idea as it saved a lot of time and "dial twiddling" as I changed from one discipline to the other.

My Model 75 rifle has now been sold and so I no longer have any use for this spare sight but mention it here as some of our members may also like to have a spare sight for the same purpose - or have need of a Model 75 sight.

The sight is in good working order with some small "cosmetic wear marks" but still has good strong ratchet actions, and as the sight was "set" for 10 meter use the adjustments have not had a lot of use. It also has a small pink nail varnish spot on it to identify it as my 10 meter sight but this can be easily removed with nail varnish cleaner of replaced with your own preferred nail varnish colour!

The windage and elevation marks on the indicators and adjustment dials are still nice and clear and none of the screws are "chewed" suggesting that the sight has never been taken apart for any reason.

Price £65 including UK post.
    Last edited by zooma; 01-03-2018 at 04:22 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

I seem to remember using this sight on a Model 66 for a while until one of the older types was found to replace it.

There are a lot more of the older type Original/Diana diopter sights around as they were used on all the Original target rifles (except the Model 75) and were also sold as optional extras and were sometimes suppled with the Model 35 and Model 50 rifles.

This sight was only made for the Model 75 and so there are a lot less of them around.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    I am interested, do you have any pictures of the sight?
    Good deals with these members

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    Not yet - but I can take care of that now with my trusty iPhone

I will send you some shots of it and try to make sure that the small areas of wear in the paintwork are clearly visible - including the pink nail varnish spot used to identify it from the sight I used for 6 yards shooting - easily removed with regular nail varnish remover!

There is no perceivable wear on the adjustment ratchets (they have hardly ever been used) so they are nice and crisp and hold their adjustments firmly.

Bob.

5 pictures taken of the sight and sent to you by email.

Please let me know if you would like any more information.

Bob.

Thank you mate, just had a look at the photos and it doesn't look obvious whether it can be fitted to a standard dovetail i.e. to a HW30S? Can you confirm if this is the case?

Thank you mate, just had a look at the photos and it doesn't look obvious whether it can be fitted to a standard dovetail i.e. to a HW30S? Can you confirm if this is the case?
    The way the Original/Diana match rifle sights fit onto the rifle is unique to their own match rifles and I do not think that they will fit onto any other manufacturers rifles.

Bob.
    Last edited by zooma; 01-03-2018 at 04:23 PM.

Oh in that case I'm sorry for wasting your time mate, I should perhaps have mentioned that at the start..

I would have had one of your HW diopters, but that greedy bugger Dave had both of them off you!

Oh in that case I'm sorry for wasting your time mate, I should perhaps have mentioned that at the start..

I would have had one of your HW diopters, but that greedy bugger Dave had both of them off you!
    Ha Ha - maybe you could persuade him to sell you one of them - but you need to check the size of your dovetails as they are the narrow (11mm wide) type.

Price now includes UK postage.