Thread: Not a Giffard, suspiciously like a Greener though

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Martin Herrick is a very clever man as well as being a very nice chap. He found an original Giffard barrel for me, cleaned it up and sleeved it to .22 which i can now use in place of my Giffard's original 8mm barrel. Shooting with the .22 gives a consistent 10.5 ft/lbs with Gamo lead balls. He also modified a period aperture sight to fit on a modified stock bolt. There are some pictures of this under Giffard on the vintage airgun website. My lasting regret is that i did not buy some of his specials when they were offered to me at a very reasonable price years ago. He used to be on here as customstocker but i have now lost touch with him. Perhaps he could be pursuaded to knock out a batch of converted Martini Henrys. I'am sure there are a few of us on here who are drooling over this one.

Quote Originally Posted by j_potter View Post
    Martin Herrick is a very clever man as well as being a very nice chap....

... Perhaps he could be pursuaded to knock out a batch of converted Martini Henrys. I'am sure there are a few of us on here who are drooling over this one.
    Just in case there is ANY chance at all of this being a possibility, I would very much like to confirm my hand is seriously raised to register my sincerest interest. And more than willing to travel just about anywhere to discuss.

Fascinating ! Now I know where I would rather put my money if it was a choice between one of these and a reworked Webley Service Add my name to the list with chieffool

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Fascinating ! Now I know where I would rather put my money if it was a choice between one of these and a reworked Webley Service Add my name to the list with chieffool
    me three....
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.