Thread: Riser blocks for my original 75?

Riser blocks for my original 75?

Does anyone know what size equivalent the grooves are on an original 75?

I need riser blocks for the sights but intershoot et al have drop downs and it shows makes of rifle that’s the risers will fit; Anschutz, FWB, Walther etc.

Which will fit my Diana / original 75 though?

Yorkiets,

On my Diana 75 :

'Groove' size of dovetail rail is 10.0 mm, top of dovetail rail is 11.0 mm, and the rail is 3.0 mm high.

Get some 0.5 mm steel sheet, and cut some strips for use as shims.

I have done this to fit modern sight tunnels to the 9.5 mm front sight grooves on my vintage rifles, and also for use with BKL scope mounts for the '75.

Works a treat

Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Original raisers

Yorklets

The Shooting Equipment (SE) raisers from Intershoot fit straight on the rear of the original 75, (just tried one) the rears are a universal fitting for Walther/Anschutz/FWB, BUT to get a sight line raised you also need the front raised as well, and the 75 has a cast tube fitting front site, if you just fit a rear you'll just move you sight line to shooting very high.

Have Fun
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Some time back I had the Original Model 75 HV and this model came with two different heights of front sight assembly - the standard height ( as fitted to all non HV Model 75's) and the higher front casting to be used when the rear raiser block were fitted.

The adjustable cheek piece can be raised to help bring the head up when using the taller front sight and rear raiser blocks.

Bob.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    Yorklets

The Shooting Equipment (SE) raisers from Intershoot fit straight on the rear of the original 75, (just tried one) the rears are a universal fitting for Walther/Anschutz/FWB, BUT to get a sight line raised you also need the front raised as well, and the 75 has a cast tube fitting front site, if you just fit a rear you'll just move you sight line to shooting very high.

Have Fun
    Robin
    Oh....

I imagined that there’d be grooves in the barrel under the front sight unit.

Well that puts paid to that plan.

Thanks to all for the responses.