Thread: What style of record trigger for a mid 70s HW 35?

What style of record trigger for a mid 70s HW 35?

Hi gang,
    I am slowly amassing the bits to create a "bitsa" HW 35. The cylinder and end block are mid 7Os and I have the opportunity of two different rekord triggers to fit. One has the pattern of small squares on the trigger case, the other is smooth. Does anyone know which was fitted by HW in the seventies?
    Cheers Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Some of the early HW triggers had the M4 thread at the back of the trigger guard plunged into the casing of the trigger, rather than creating a slot for an M4 nut to fit into. They also had the main trigger sear made from laminated plates, rather than single thickness steel. I'm not sure if these two features combined, but I've had them on older HW's.

Mid seventies will have the laminated sear with either casing, make sure its one for a safety .

Thumbs up

The laminated top sear...

Sides are smooth (Not normally scratched half to death like this one), Also, They normally have a bright adjusting screw behind the blade unlike this one!!

As Mick says, These types won't seem to work with a safety (Found that out when I put a 77 together from parts!!)
    John

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Thanks chaps. Neither has the laminated dear, I think I will go for the smooth casing and see how I get on.
    Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)