Thread: Collapsible stock

Collapsible stock

Hi guys, has anyone ever thought of fitting a collapsible / folding stock to a springer if so any pics

Question

Do you mean a folding rearstock like this or some kind of telescopic tube?

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

One of the Spanish makers (Norica, I think) did a production one with an M3 Grease Gun/MP-5 style sliding stock.

I have a vague recollection of Venom (?) in the 80s making a Webley Vulcan with an under-folder (a la Sterling/MP-40) stock and a quick-detach barrel.

I have a "bullpup" 77k & the stock can be adjusted on that, sorry but i have no idea how to post photo's.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    One of the Spanish makers (Norica, I think) did a production one with an M3 Grease Gun/MP-5 style sliding stock.

I have a vague recollection of Venom (?) in the 80s making a Webley Vulcan with an under-folder (a la Sterling/MP-40) stock and a quick-detach barrel.
    webley excel

[IMG]http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...=1518978287788[/IMG]

Pics from a post on here by Garvin.

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    webley excel

Pics from a post on here by Garvin.
    Sorry but that is a worthless piece of crap IMHO.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Do you mean a folding rearstock like this or some kind of telescopic tube?

John
    I should have said for a break barrel or under lever mate. I see yours is a side lever. What is that airgun.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by happy harry View Post
    I should have said for a break barrel or under lever mate. I see yours is a side lever. What is that airgun.

It's a Chinese Xisico B-3 sidelever

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

I' m a bit surprised there hasn't been more of an effort to produce a folding stock of decent quality.

They make transportation much easier and, if done properly, can look very good.

I'd love someone to produce something like that cheap Chinese AK wannabe in the picture for a Weihrauch springer.

The Webley in the other picture with the fold under stock was a venomised gun IIRC. I think it was fairly well received at the time. Early 90s product I believe.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur John Smithsplease View Post
    The Webley in the other picture with the fold under stock was a venomised gun IIRC. I think it was fairly well received at the time. Early 90s product I believe.
    That makes sense. The Excel came out in 1998, and lasted until the Xocet replaced it in 2000.

I'm not sure Venom sold more than one or three of them. I can't imagine the early 90s market for an expensive custom folding-stock multi-barrel springer was very large.

In addition, I think there was an article in AGW in the 80s where someone adapted a Sterling SMG stock to a Webley break-barrel as a sort of survivalist/Mad Max air rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    That makes sense. The Excel came out in 1998, and lasted until the Xocet replaced it in 2000.

I'm not sure Venom sold more than one or three of them. I can't imagine the early 90s market for an expensive custom folding-stock multi-barrel springer was very large.

In addition, I think there was an article in AGW in the 80s where someone adapted a Sterling SMG stock to a Webley break-barrel as a sort of survivalist/Mad Max air rifle.
    Not this guy i hope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EDK0CybJbg
    Bsa meteor one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4jXFaMb7AQ&t=144s
    Last edited by bighit; 18-02-2018 at 11:20 PM.

I' m a bit surprised there hasn't been more of an effort to produce a folding stock of decent quality.

I'd love someone to produce something like that cheap Chinese AK wannabe in the picture for a Weihrauch springer.

It was called the venom TDR

Something with a AR15 style pistol grip would be cool I think

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring

Second this !
    I would certainly be interested ! The AA TDR dosent float my boat as it "comes to pieces" and these can be dropped, mislaid or lost but a quality folding air rifle would be very practical and quicker to assemble and the opposite I would imagine ?
    “An airgun or two”………