Thread: Spring gun tuning

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by darren m View Post
    was just wondering same thing , take it apart and have a look ...
    is yours a newer model and where did you get the liner
    thanks
    Yes it the new model with the different cocking link, i have a brand new 80 spring, and its a tight fit in the piston with the original steel liner.
    The ptfe liner I made, you can buy sheets of it off for a couple of quid,I wrapped it around the 77 spring and cut to width, measure length of piston internally and add 10mm, then cut triangles out of one end for it to fit around the latch rod, job done, take that piston weight out, replace with a top hat.
    Weighed piston @ 367g with weight in it, 345 without, could lose some weight on it really, my 77 runs a 200g
    Last edited by Biglee123; 19-02-2018 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biglee123 View Post
    Yes it the new model with the different cocking link, i have a brand new 80 spring, and its a tight fit in the piston with the original steel liner.
    The ptfe liner I made, you can buy sheets of it off for a couple of quid,I wrapped it around the 77 spring and cut to width, measure length of piston internally and add 10mm, then cut triangles out of one end for it to fit around the latch rod, job done, take that piston weight out, replace with a top hat.
    Weighed piston @ 367g with weight in it, 345 without, could lose some weight on it really, my 77 runs a 200g
    is it still the 80 piston inside ie 30mm

do you have a picture of the new cocking link please

Quote Originally Posted by darren m View Post
    is it still the 80 piston inside ie 30mm

do you have a picture of the new cocking link please
    Yes its the 30mm hw80 piston in it, can't post attachments but its the shoe with the small nib on it.