Quote Originally Posted by darren m View Post
Hi Tony -- yep I get your drift , using AA field 8.44 , strange 2 separate tins of same pellets gave different fps , one tin was about 5 yrs old and faster by 20fps , putting it even higher , but the second tin a new unopened tin of same pellet kept it at 11.8 level , both ran very well over 20 shots each tin.

cocks nice and easy , maybe a little bit lazy on firing ... going take it apart and look at the spring guide , just wondering now if its got hw77 internals like in a early forum post I read over the weekend.

just for reference how tight does the fit of the spring guide need to be when slipped into the spring , should the spring spin on the guide or should the whole lot spin on the block.

lastly re reducing the stroke , is it as simple as putting a tbt piston extension on to existing piston .

Thanks
Hi Darren,

Re spring guide fit, opinions do seem to vary, but I like them to be a snug "friction fit". So, no slop. But not that tight that you have to virtually hammer the thing in! When the spring compresses, the ID does increase fractionally.

Re reducing the stroke, the two very easy methods would be to either fit the TBT extension or fit one of the Aussie seals, which are much deeper and also reduce the stroke. I haven't tried either, personally. The more involved way would be to have a longer piston rod made up, but you'll need to be knowing what it's made from and that it's properly heat treated, as you wouldn't want that to let go! ISP supply them for some guns, like the TX. Don't know if they supply HW ones? The other person to ask if you wanted to go down the longer rod route would be NickG on here.