Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Snowpeak Pumper lr700w

I just like pumpers, PH Dragon, Crozzy 140, and a Sheridan or two in the cupboard. Always room for more, especially with iron sights!
    NON SUFFICIT ORBIS

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B View Post
    It looks to me like two power levels quoted there like non FAC/FAC.

I’d like to see one in the flesh.
    I read it as the first is .177, the second is .22
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Now I’ve read it again I think you are right. Thanks.

Don’t order a .22 then!
    NON SUFFICIT ORBIS

If you want an 11ft-lbs pumper at reasonable cost, I see five options:

- New Chinese one (which I quite like, myself): £200+, will depreciate, if ordered from abroad may get you in trouble with customs/cops in .22", no track record.

- Cheap used 1970-1990s Daisy or Crosman 766/2100/2200. Cheap, lots of plastic. Can be improved by guys who can do that stuff.

- Used Chinese B45-3. Terrible. If you can do the tech bit, you can make a £30 broken rifle OK. But only OK.

- Recent production Indonesian "Webley" Rebel Innova copy: see above. Awful in stock form.

- Used classic/older Benji/Sheridan/Sharp and Crosman 120/140/1400: anything from £75-300 depending on model, none awful. Some great. All hold their value.

Go into the £250+ region for good examples, and you are into desirable Sharps (Ace, Victory in near-mint condition) and rare Sheridans, Titan JB1 and Mohawks, Dragons (last two SSP, apart from some Mohawks), and Daystate Sportsmans.

Apart from the pricey stuff in the last para, where rarity becomes a big factor, I maintain my view that a good condition rocker-safety Racine-made Sheridan C9 Blue Streak is one of the best values in pumpers. Well made. Perform well. Reliable. Not so rare that they are expensive. Hold their value. Great heritage. And charming.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    If you want an 11ft-lbs pumper at reasonable cost, I see five options:

- New Chinese one (which I quite like, myself): £200+, will depreciate, if ordered from abroad may get you in trouble with customs/cops in .22", no track record.

- Cheap used 1970-1990s Daisy or Crosman 766/2100/2200. Cheap, lots of plastic. Can be improved by guys who can do that stuff.

- Used Chinese B45-3. Terrible. If you can do the tech bit, you can make a £30 broken rifle OK. But only OK.

- Recent production Indonesian "Webley" Rebel Innova copy: see above. Awful in stock form.

- Used classic/older Benji/Sheridan/Sharp and Crosman 120/140/1400: anything from £75-300 depending on model, none awful. Some great. All hold their value.

Go into the £250+ region for good examples, and you are into desirable Sharps (Ace, Victory in near-mint condition) and rare Sheridans, Titan JB1 and Mohawks, Dragons (last two SSP, apart from some Mohawks), and Daystate Sportsmans.

Apart from the pricey stuff in the last para, where rarity becomes a big factor, I maintain my view that a good condition rocker-safety Racine-made Sheridan C9 Blue Streak is one of the best values in pumpers. Well made. Perform well. Reliable. Not so rare that they are expensive. Hold their value. Great heritage. And charming.
    Geezer, I couldn’t agree more.

It’s also most of what’s in my toy box. I tried the Webley thing but it was trully shocking poor. I think I gave it away.
    NON SUFFICIT ORBIS

Or how about the evergreen Crosman 1377 pistol? Okay, you're always going to be stuck with sub 6ft.lbs, but they are very, very accurate. Nice and adaptable with the shoulder stock. Lovely solid platform, especially once you have fitted a steel breech. Very simple and dead easy to work on. Parts availability no problem, many spares are as cheap as chips and there's a huge resource of customising goodies out there.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

P.S. I recently heard that the 1377's big brother, the 1322, having been fairly recently re-introduced, is now no longer available in the UK due to many of them creeping over the limit. Anyone else heard of this?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!