Thread: S400 pistol, Chinese

S400 pistol, Chinese

What's people's thoughts on this?

http://www.china-airrifle.com/produc...?lang=en&id=65

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Not much to see - SSP I take it?
    Looks like an extended HW40 or Beeman P17 copy. Longer barrel/frame could make it easier to cock?
    Good deals with these members

Yes, I thought it looked like competition for the hw45 until I noticed a different picture on the web and it did look like a longer version of the hw40 clone.( and it was ssp)

Might be ok if it shoots as well as a hw40 but with a bit more power

Ah, not more power then
    https://youtu.be/we1qxMsUG54

The HW40 has a 27 pound cocking effort, and quickly becomes unpleasant to cock.

This gun is considerably longer than the HW40. So they had a choice of going for more power or lower cocking effort.

If what the bloke in the video says is true ie. that the cocking effort is about 14 pounds, then they have gone for the second option.

And, if that is the case, IMO they have made the correct choice. I will certainly consider buying one. I would never buy another HW40.

Unfortunately it will not have the build quality of the Weihrauch, and we will have to see how long it lasts.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur John Smithsplease View Post
    The HW40 has a 27 pound cocking effort, and quickly becomes unpleasant to cock.

This gun is considerably longer than the HW40. So they had a choice of going for more power or lower cocking effort.

If what the bloke in the video says is true ie. that the cocking effort is about 14 pounds, then they have gone for the second option.

And, if that is the case, IMO they have made the correct choice. I will certainly consider buying one. I would never buy another HW40.

Unfortunately it will not have the build quality of the Weihrauch, and we will have to see how long it lasts.

I'm glad I bought a P17 instead of a HW40. It is equally unpleasant to cock, but just as accurate and - so far - reliable.

I agree that going for lower cocking effort was the better choice.
    Good deals with these members

I don't think the hw40 is that hard to cock really. You just have to snap it shut quickly. Lower effort can only be a good thing though and the longer sight base will help accuracy