Thread: HW98, or HW77 laminate?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ps - forgot to mention, it did twang like twangy thing straight out the box. Top hat and ptfe piston sleeve sorted that although the extra pre-load did make it a little too hot with some pellets given I'd also resized the piston seal so it wasnt quite so tight. Half a coil less put it right. And an extra set-back trigger suits me more than the standard factory shape.
    Be good. And if you can't be good, be good at being bad.

Wow this is a old thread, but strange how things go, because the HW98 is now available with a laminate stock, very expensive, but very nice.
    As for the debate the HW77/97/98 are all fine rifles, it's all down to how you feel handling them. Just completed a test on the HW98, which although is similar to a HW95, the handling is worlds apart.

Ooops! Did not spot the age of the rest of the thread. Just assumed that it was current from the most recent post.
    Be good. And if you can't be good, be good at being bad.

I've owned a 98 and a 77k and for me the 98 wins. Easier to cock and load, and just prefer the look of break barrels. I bought both new (at different times) and both twanged something wicked out of the box, so both got V mached. Made a huge improvement. I've got a Walther LGV now.