Thread: Schofield 6" Pellet.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Schofield 6" Pellet.

Hello, ordered one and it arrived on Friday, too late to do more than unpack and have a look. Saturday, well not being a pistol person other than having 3 Crosman 600 then I must say I was quite impressed. Not so impressed with the ft-lbs. struggling to make 2 ft-lbs most being around the 1.8/9 mark.
    So the question is is there anything wrong or do they have to be 'run in' ? I was using Accupells at 8gn. because I have quite a few thousand and use them in other stuff. Tried some RWS at 7 gn. with the same result. Noticed a puff of CO2 from the rear of the cylinder/frame area, do the pellets have to be seated down below the end of the shell, I pressed them flush with the end.
    Sorry for lots of questions, one more please, which pellets are suitable please.
    Thank you.
    Cheers.
    Geoff.

Nothing wrong with the power. All these co2 replicas are around 2 to 3 ft lbs.
    It's good practice to seat the pellets well. I'd suggest something lighter like rws hobby at 7 grains.

Hello thank you for that, it is reassuring to know that there is nothing wrong, although I am not too sure all CO2 pistols are the same, I tried a CP1 (I think that was the model) that was 5 ft-lbs. the reason I didn't buy was it didn't fit me.
    Cheers.
    Geoff.

Ade said co2 replicas which the CP isn't.

Your Schofield will give a bit more power with lighter pellets and warmer weather.

Apologies, yes I thought that I had Been A bit Quick With the Answer, lack of sleep and painkillers not a good combination.
    Cheers.
    Geoff.

Schofield 6" Pellet.

i found maksman .177 good in my sons cp88 very lightweight too.