Thread: Schofield 6" Pellet.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by AdeC View Post

Reassuring to know I'm not imagining things... Again!
    LOL.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Wow thats good then, got more than I thought! Just ordered some pellets. Geco.
    Thanks.
    Cheers.
    Geoff.

Couple of the guys at my local club have them and to be honest I'm impressed. Others have the Smith n Weston variant which i like also
    but for me the Schofield felt better in the hand and just seemed slightly better put together. Can see me getting one in the very near future.
    Shooting at 10m its never going to be as accurate as a target pistol but bang to wack times certainly didn't seem any slower than other
    pistols on the range. Tim

Quote Originally Posted by tim56 View Post

Couple of the guys at my local club have them and to be honest I'm impressed. Others have the Smith n Weston variant which i like also
    but for me the Schofield felt better in the hand and just seemed slightly better put together. Can see me getting one in the very near future.
    Shooting at 10m its never going to be as accurate as a target pistol but bang to wack times certainly didn't seem any slower than other
    pistols on the range. Tim
    Hi Tim. Go on, do it, you know you want to, and you know you won't regret it -- and remember, as the pellet shells and BB shells are interchangeable, you can choose either of the liveries (distressed black with wood effect grips or coffee tinted nickel with faux ivory grips), buy a spare set of the shells for the type of ammo which don't come with your pistol (remember here, Webley MK.VI pellet and/or BB shells are identical), and you've got all bases covered.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

The shells arent interchangeable Gareth.
    Your bb version might accept pellet shells but most likely wont as they are a little different.

Ive tried three BB versions with pellet shells and only one worked and that was a bit stiff.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post

The shells arent interchangeable Gareth.
    Your bb version might accept pellet shells but most likely wont as they are a little different.

Ive tried three BB versions with pellet shells and only one worked and that was a bit stiff.
    Ahh-ha !!! Thanks for that. Having seen a set of each interchange on a Webley MK.VI, I had convinced myself that all Schofield ones would interchange, too, but I now realise that this is clearly not the case. Thanks for the heads-up.

The confusion crept into my psyche as a result of my proven, tried and tested observation that Schofield BB shells and Webley MkVI BB shells most definitely are interchangeable (notwithstanding the writing around the lip, these two shell types are identical), so I assumed Schofield BB and Schofield pellet shells would follow the Mk.VI model, too: clearly not all do.

Now, what is it that they say assumption is the Mother of ???