Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Looks nice to me, thanks for the update Pad E

Quote Originally Posted by Phil G View Post
    Looks nice to me, thanks for the update Pad E
    You're welcome Phil, thanks
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Rp5

Thanks for the review quite Like it myself and like the idea of being able to customise it but as always with new air guns there is never enough info
    price is sketchy seem to be gauging interest before pricing what package will it come with ? does the pistol turn into the rifle with shoulder stock ?
    I have heard that barrel's are interchangeable between 1.77 & .22 also that its German made. Release dates vary from April to December why can't manufacturers sort them selves out with new product releases.

Phil
    I've strove all my life not to be a millionaire and been very successfull

Now in your dealers for around £250 for the pistol and more for the carbine.

I have shot the pistol in .177 and it shoots better than it looks!
    Definitely a hard hitter.

The drop fill mag is easy to use and the pump action is smooth.
    Again the pistol handles better than you think as its not as heavy as it looks.

Nicer to hold than the HW 44 which has a grip that digs in a bit after a while.

I suspect the price will go up if it catches on.
    I think it will.

The Carbine looks good and does 10 ft lbs but no open sights.
    It cannot be used as a pistol.

Good and unusual effort from Umarex.

I prefer the 2240 and it's a heck of a lot cheaper!

Me and a mate have got a carbine each on order

My pistol is on the way.
    Somebody had to buy me a fun Christmas present!

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    The Carbine looks good and does 10 ft lbs but no open sights.
    It cannot be used as a pistol.

Good and unusual effort from Umarex.
    Just been watching the airgungear show review and Giles is saying the carbine version is struggling to get over 4 ftlb..
    Was gonna get one for close range barn work but wont bother if its really that low powered!!
    Anyone else chrono’ed one??

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Ontarget View Post
    Just been watching the airgungear show review and Giles is saying the carbine version is struggling to get over 4 ftlb..
    Was gonna get one for close range barn work but wont bother if its really that low powered!!
    Anyone else chrono’ed one??
    Haven't got mine yet (due in Wednesday) but a guy on another site is getting 8ft/lb without a mod on the gun (it seems to be clipping the pellets with his mod on, but whether that is down to the mod or not remains to be seen).

Ok, have done some testing this morning using my trusty Combro. For consistency I used RWS Hobby, 11.9gr. I did three sessions, first with a Webley QGS silencer fitted, second with a Swift Stumpy silencer and then with no silencer at all. Temperature indoors a pleasant 18 degrees.

With each of the silencers fitted I was getting a (disappointing) average of 5.5 ft/lb. Moving to chrono with no silencer, I used the standard practice of inserting a small square of paper between the muzzle and the Combro, which negates false readings from gas on CO2 guns. Oh my...output up to 8.5 ft/lb!

Just been chatting with my mate about this, and we reckon the RP5 system with choke does not like silencers, possibly due to the physics of what happens when the pellet emerges from the choke. I couldn’t see any clipping on the silencers and testing two seems to rule out a silencer problem.

I’d be very interested to see test results from Umarex with a silencer/moderator fitted!

So, in summary, the RP5 Carbine meets or exceeds its stated output...as long as you have not fitted a moderator!
    Any views welcome!