Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pellet size

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I went through a brief phase of weighing, washing and sorting pellets. Weight made no difference that I could tell, sorting and sizing did. Captain Bongo made me a beautiful, fat stainless sizer which matches my beautiful, fat fingers! It's therapeautic if you're in the right mood, but at the end of the day it makes a difference of millimetres, I miss by inches!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

You will only have to weigh each slug if you have a bad batch!
    Current 2011 JSB Exact using were not available for resale, no need to weigh all on the money within reason and heads pretty good throughout the 30k, use straight from the tin.

Weights dont make hardly any difference to the groups ie shoot out 7.2 to 8.8gr JSB Exacts from same tin labelled 4,53 that measure predominantly 4.47. So if weighed out +/-0.2gr only get 700 from 5000 any good. In that 700 with the weighed 8.2gr to 8.6gr, get 4 head sizes equating to 35 usable from a tin of 500 thats quality.
    Thats just one batch whatever its branded as (JSB, Cometa, AA, Webley, FX etc) dies wear out and the tin will tell you how many times the dies been used.

Quote Originally Posted by nuggs View Post
    Can anyone tell me that if I bought a tin of say ... .177 jsb exact in 4.53 ,would the majority be 4.53 or just pot luck ? Thanks
    JSBs are undersized, you'd be lucky if 10% were 4.53 or even come close. I once measured 100 JSB 4.52s and the majority were about 4.49 and 4.50. This however does not seem to affect the accuracy . The skirt is however, much larger measuring about 4.68~4.72 mm .

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    Steyr covered much of that and with a nice bit of humour too.

I have a very good batch of pellets. I weighed 2 full tins and then worked out that there would have been a 12ft per second difference between the lightest and heaviest in the group. Won't make a great deal of difference if shooting FT or HFT but certainly makes the claims of '4fps spread over a fill' mostly guff.
    I guess it was the gnats spbincter that tipped it for you😊😊😊
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill