Thread: Fas AR611 Target rifle

Fas AR611 Target rifle

Has anyone got one, seen one, shot one. If so what do you think.

Quote Originally Posted by thumbhole View Post
    Has anyone got one, seen one, shot one. If so what do you think.
    My girlfriend got an original version a few months ago (second hand) and loves it.

It's essentially a tuned and regulated s200 with a match trigger.
    The original version cost over £1000 when new. It has an aluminium cylinder and fully floating barrel
    The new version looks like it will be £700. The cylinder looks like steel and the barrel isn't fully floating anymore. But it has gained some adjustability in the stock.

The first time Laura shot it, she scored 56 at the Kingsley HFT training day. Leading up to that she had put about 20 pellets through it to set-up the scope and check the power. Very accurate gun.

I was having a play with it at the Greyhound last weekend. The length of pull is way too short for me, but in the prone position and holding up the peg I was hitting a 40 yard spinner with ease over and over again. Bench rested I reckon it would be up there with some very expensive guns

Thanks for that that has confirmed my idea, about it being a regged s200, as I read somewhere, that it takes the s200 ten shot mag system. What pellets have you found it likes and what sort of shot count does Laura get from it. Im after one for my Daughter, as she shoot a s200 now so will be a nice jump up for her with the side lever and nice stock.

I did a full string when we first got it, but cant remember how many full power shots. Off the top of my head it was about 50 shots 'on reg' at 11.2 ft-lb before it started dropping off. I'll see if I can find my notes.
    That was from 200 bar down to about 85-90. So I guess the regulator is set somewhere around 85 bar
    We shoot HFT, and I remember saying at the time it would be fine for 10 shots on zero range and the full course, even with 10 stoppages

JSB exact die 54 for pellets. Haven't tried anything else yet. Partly because we haven't had time, partly because they seem to shoot well. 5p groups out to 45 yards, holding up the peg. Hopefully will do some pellet testing in a few weeks