Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Swift Stumpy, is it the best ?

Quote Originally Posted by CuppaT View Post
    Got a QTEC on my S510 Carbine. I have yet to find a better moderator anywhere. I also like the balance it gives the rifle.
    To long mate
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Andy View Post
    Eh ?? They are the same price. The Stumpy in my view is the best short mod out there , I have a few and use them on springers and PCP,s
    ShootingUK £34
    Ronnie Sunshines £39
    A bit more than half price but cheaper
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    That's a possible solution. I'm at my RFD on Saturday, I will take my S510 and try a few off the shelf short mods first, but a good idea though Roughly, how much are we talking for a shroud/mod ? Ball Park figure ?

£70 carbon fibre or somewhere around that mark and very good at that price

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    sounds promising John, never used one, I take it there pretty good ? How long are they ?
    I've had one on my .22LR rimfire for years including another on a 17HMR and they do the job. I could buy other more expensive cans and possibly more efficient but the SAK performs for me.
    They are approximently 120mm long and about 40mm dia.
    If you're not sorted by the time of the next Bash in April, I'll bring mine down for you to try !
    “An airgun or two”………

Never heard of them, any info ?
    http://www.a-tec.no/rimfire/a-tec-wave#

If you are going to use a SAK on an air rifle, dismantle it and put cotton wool balls in the holes in the baffles. Stops it resonating.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

If you have several mods and several rifles...the degree of moderation it produces will change as you swap from rifle to rifles. So if on one rifle the HW is quieter than say one from air arms....the ranking may switch when both are tried on another rifle.
    You will be chasing your tail.
    In reallity the degree of moderation is a little bit of a red herring if its being used for hunting as the pellet smack is far louder than the noise emmitted from the mod.
    I wouldnt get too hung up on it.
    However....its worth trying and finding something that does the job. You need to decide if a compact is what you want or increased moderation.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

How desperate are you for the silencer Dave? I have a swift stumpy and hugget belitta in the spares box, along with a bsa . I could bring them to the bash and you could try them if you wish

Konceptus do a fairly short silencer. I think its about 115mm.

I have a bigger one on a Hw80 - for weight mostly. Not as good as the HW silencer but I've got no real gripes about it. Solidly made.

Need a short mod, is the Swift Stumpy about the best ? I'm aware a short mod won't be as effective as say a HW mod, but I need/want it short but reasonably effective.
    id have said that or a belita..., you can test out my belita (if your gun is 1/2" unf) at the bash mate if you like

I use it on the r10.. its not super quiet but it does the job around the farm. it makes a huge difference over an un silenced rifle & I guess that's all I require.
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    How desperate are you for the silencer Dave? I have a swift stumpy and hugget belitta in the spares box, along with a bsa . I could bring them to the bash and you could try them if you wish
    lol!! beat me to it!..
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    lol!! beat me to it!..
    If I know Dave, he ain’t gonna wait that long lads, he’ll have the gun sold by then
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. Crosman Ratcher 2250XL .22 AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    If I know Dave, he ain’t gonna wait that long lads, he’ll have the gun sold by then
    Might keep this one mate she's a beauty cheers lads, yes please I would like to try your mods and yours John if ye don't mind. I'm in no rush really, got lots of others to play with

Might keep this one mate she's a beauty cheers lads, yes please I would like to try your mods and yours John if ye don't mind. I'm in no rush really, got lots of others to play with
    The 510 has a shroud & it's also a non threaded barrel right? Its the shroud with the thread? If that's the case you may be able to shorten the length & use a std mod (or short if you want really short) in the same length as the shroud & a short mod using this style of home made shroud:

https://youtu.be/AtmWtL4oJ8U

I did a slightly different version of this which acts like a reflex mod, by drilling out the barrel adapter to alow the air to pass in between the barrel & the carbon tube. I'm not sure if it's quieter or not but it definitely catches the air. This mod was brilliant.. it shortened the rifle by loads & made it alot lighter on the front. I'm wondering if it'll work on the aa510 the same.. all you need to do is buy a tube the same size id/od as the steel shroud you have & buy a jsr barrel adapter.

Rhys

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    The 510 has a shroud & it's also a non threaded barrel right? Its the shroud with the thread? If that's the case you may be able to shorten the length & use a std mod (or short if you want really short) in the same length as the shroud & a short mod using this style of home made shroud:

https://youtu.be/AtmWtL4oJ8U

I did a slightly different version of this which acts like a reflex mod, by drilling out the barrel adapter to alow the air to pass in between the barrel & the carbon tube. I'm not sure if it's quieter or not but it definitely catches the air. This mod was brilliant.. it shortened the rifle by loads & made it alot lighter on the front. I'm wondering if it'll work on the aa510 the same.. all you need to do is buy a tube the same size id/od as the steel shroud you have & buy a jsr barrel adapter.

Rhys
    Interesting idea Rhys. I've no idea how long the barrel is under the 510 shroud or even if it's easy to take off,I shall investigate
    Yes mate, it's the shroud that is threaded.