Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Swift Stumpy, is it the best ?

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    Interesting idea Rhys. I've no idea how long the barrel is under the 510 shroud or even if it's easy to take off,I shall investigate
    Yes mate, it's the shroud that is threaded.
    I recon it'll work mate... Il take some pics of mine & send them over to you when I get a moment
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

To my ears the Swift Stumpy is quieter than the Huggett Belita and is pretty well as quiet as the HW. The best small silencer I've 'not heard' on an air rifle.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Thanks to everyone for your help on this, much appreciated
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    To my ears the Swift Stumpy is quieter than the Huggett Belita and is pretty well as quiet as the HW. The best small silencer I've 'not heard' on an air rifle.
    Might have to get one & try it on my r10... Sounds good. Not sure I like the new style modular type one though..
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Need a short mod, is the Swift Stumpy about the best ? I'm aware a short mod won't be as effective as say a HW mod, but I need/want it short but reasonably effective.
    Works really well on my BSA Hornet pcp , better than some bigger mods on that rifle, is a perfect match
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Might have to get one & try it on my r10... Sounds good. Not sure I like the new style modular type one though..
    Good point I don't like it either spoils the look but just as good though. I bought a.177 LGV from Solware and found the muzzle crack to be excessive, tried a few mods on their range and the Stumpy transformed the rifle both in looks and in performance..brilliant !. I have one on my Wildcat and my sons Ratty it really is an effective bit of kit for its size.

Just an update. Got a Swift Stumpy (moduler) well two actually, took one section out to shorten further and it works a treat on my S510

Just an update. Got a Swift Stumpy (moduler) well two actually, took one section out to shorten further and it works a treat on my S510
    That’s what I use on my Steyr but take two sections out

Nice one.. how much are you selling it for?

Nice one.. how much are you selling it for?
    I may turn over a new leaf Rhys

I may turn over a new leaf Rhys
    Well if it's anything like how you "turn over" guns then there will not be a leaf in the country untouched

On a serious note... There is definitely something to be said for sticking to one then changing the bits attached to it until it's right for you.. it may appear to cost more but I don't think it actually does .
    Do you still fancy trying to make a cheep & swanky barrel shroud for it sir?
    Rhys

Do you still fancy trying to make a cheep & swanky barrel shroud for it sir?
    Rhys
    Possibly mate, we will have a chat about it at the bash, as you know more about these things than me