Thread: Theoben valuation

Theoben valuation

I have been asked by a friend to ask on this forum to find out a valuation of a Theoben. The model concerned is a sirocco Prometheus in .177 in a thumbhole stock. Sorry no pics as gun has yet to be bought.
    I have given a ballpark figure of 400 pounds, but that could well change after further input.
    Thanks in anticipation.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Price sounds about right. IIRC these had the unchoked barrel, specifically so they could shoot the prometheus pellets...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    Price sounds about right. IIRC these had the unchoked barrel, specifically so they could shoot the prometheus pellets...
    Correct.

IIRC, the first Siroccos had unchoked (Webley?) barrels. Pretty quickly thereafter (1983?) Theoben started offering both an unchoked Webley barrel and a choked Anschutz one, which most buyers went for - if you were buying, at the time, the world's most expensive production sporting air rifle, why not pay the little extra for the Anschutz?

My fake news conspiracy theory made up entirely by me is that the special new trendy unchoked Prometheus barrel was simply a way of marketing the remaining Webley barrels.

I am happy to be told by people who actually have knowledge that this is rowlocks and I should rein my neck in.

They were ordered by Pax airguns for their pellets so I was informed by a former theoben gunsmith