Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Customising an HW95K

Just taken delivery of one this morning for a Diana 280.

https://www.airgun-konceptus.com/

If it's the slip on type you need, you'll have to file off the dovetails on a standard HW barrel. They also do 1/2" UNF threaded silencers as well. All steel construction, nicely blued, very nice.

Yup^ great quality aren't they? And at a more than reasonable price I thought.

I have the 1/2"unf hot blued steel silencer.

If I remember, they do take 5 or 6 weeks to be delivered as they are a company in Poland but it was worth the wait.

Sorry for all the numpty questions but which one will I need for the modern HW95K? I also don't see an option to have it blued, any help you can give would be much appreciated. Thank you.
    Sometimes I sits and thinks, but mostly I just sits.

A setback trigger blade from Rowan Engineering, worth its weight in gold.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitwrecker View Post
    A setback trigger blade from Rowan Engineering, worth its weight in gold.
    Coincidentally, that's about how much they cost
    Good deals with these members

That's a very beautiful rifle man!

Quote Originally Posted by hedgemumper View Post
    Sorry for all the numpty questions but which one will I need for the modern HW95K? I also don't see an option to have it blued, any help you can give would be much appreciated. Thank you.
    16mm outer diameter on the hw95. Konceptus actually do a custom fit option. It costs about £4 more, but if you're confident taking a measurement of your barrel diameter, he will make it a very snug fit. I did this with my last purchase from him. Regarding finish, I'd probably go with the blued finish unless you were going for bare metal - if you wanted it painted / cerakoted, prepping the blued metal shouldn't be any more of a problem than bare metal.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    16mm outer diameter on the hw95. Konceptus actually do a custom fit option. It costs about £4 more, but if you're confident taking a measurement of your barrel diameter, he will make it a very snug fit. I did this with my last purchase from him. Regarding finish, I'd probably go with the blued finish unless you were going for bare metal - if you wanted it painted / cerakoted, prepping the blued metal shouldn't be any more of a problem than bare metal.
    Looking online it looks like mine has a 1/2" unf thread which is good. I'm just a bit confused by the Konceptus website as it doesn't show an option for blueing which I am after. I may be being stupid (no change there then!) and it's right in front of me but I can't see it.

Looking online it looks like mine has a 1/2" unf thread which is good. I'm just a bit confused by the Konceptus website as it doesn't show an option for blueing which I am after. I may be being stupid (no change there then!) and it's right in front of me but I can't see it.
    All of their steel silencers are supplied blued. If you wanted it un-blued, you'd have to drop him a line to see if it's something he'd do.

All of their steel silencers are supplied blued. If you wanted it un-blued, you'd have to drop him a line to see if it's something he'd do.
    Ah right, that's what I wanted to know they don't make that clear on the website. I'll order one now then.

Vortek

Do a good tune kit for HW's AGR Tuning.co.uk. sandwell field sports do a awesome tune but long waiting list. I had a HW77K tuned by Vortek it was super accurate
    Last edited by Ninapuppy; 26-02-2018 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninapuppy View Post
    Do a good tune kit for HW's AGR Tuning.co.uk. sandwell field sports do a awesome tune but long waiting list. I had a HW77K tuned by Vortek it was super accurate
    I got an email back from SFS, 16-18 week wait I don't know if I can be without my rifle for that long!

I got an email back from SFS, 16-18 week wait I don't know if I can be without my rifle for that long!
    A couple of options:

A TBT kit, which you could fit yourself. Depends how confident you are about fitting it yourself.
    Welsh Willy (Woodfield GCP) does a good tune (he uses Titan springs with his kits)
    Venoman (ARC tuning) also does a good tune (V Mach approved fitter)
    Geoff Bullock at LSD also

The list isn't extensive, just tuners who I have used apart from SFS (I have one of his tuned 95's)

Hope this helps.

A couple of options:

A TBT kit, which you could fit yourself. Depends how confident you are about fitting it yourself.
    Welsh Willy (Woodfield GCP) does a good tune (he uses Titan springs with his kits)
    Venoman (ARC tuning) also does a good tune (V Mach approved fitter)
    Geoff Bullock at LSD also

The list isn't extensive, just tuners who I have used apart from SFS (I have one of his tuned 95's)

Hope this helps.
    Thank you for that, I'll give them all a look. I'm certainly not confident doing it myself! How do you like your 95 after the tune, was there much of a difference?

Thank you for that, I'll give them all a look. I'm certainly not confident doing it myself! How do you like your 95 after the tune, was there much of a difference?
    I bought my HW95 pre-tuned. The main things you will note (from my experience tuning / having my rifles tuned) is:
    * The smoothness of cocking cycle (totally smooth and graunch free)
    * A smoother firing cycle with less noise and better recoil (if the trigger gets a 'tune up' you'll get a smoother trigger action to - not that a standard Rekord is too bad)
    * Possibly less variation in FPS shot to shot
    Last edited by CapitalBee; 02-03-2018 at 03:29 PM.