Thread: BSA Standard Repair Query – which challenges competent airgunsmith

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Ggggr! You are not the only one lying awake, grappling with this problem. So is Vic, the good airgunsmith at Protek, and he is no amateur at such things. I gather you very kindly spoke to him earlier today and these are his latest comments, some of which he forgot to convey to you at the time.

"Hello Andrew. Have spoken with GGrrr today. He has given me a couple of ideas to play with. But forgot to tell him the trigger group now fitted came from a good working rifle so problem of trigger/sear/ trigger spring interplay can be discounted. - and the components taken from your rifle work in another rifles trigger block. Have not however tried different pivot screws for components which is something I will try. Also will look at inside walls of block to ensure free movement. Interestingly I also came up with the idea of a fractionally misplaced sear pivot hole which over time with wear and the considerable polishing out that your rifle has had could have caused the failure to cock now experienced. I too have laid in bed pondering it. Usually substitution of all parts would sort it out even if not absolutely certain which specific part was at fault - or most at fault as all parts would have worn equally. Not too much in workshop this weekend so will look at iot once more. Just have to remember to put on the heating a couple of hours before I start, regards, Vic." Unquote.

It seems we are discounting the possible causes, one by one - and barking up a few rare trees at the same time! I am fascinated to know what could be causing the problem.

Rgds
    A
    Last edited by andrewM; 02-03-2018 at 05:13 PM.