Thread: Record Champion

Record Champion

Record Champion in very good condition all works with spare magazine comes in original box with manual £220 prefer F2F but may be able to post.

PM sent.

Sold to ptdunk

It shoots very nicely, thanks Steve 👍

record champion

Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    It shoots very nicely, thanks Steve 👍
    Hi, congrats on getting a working Champion, what pellets are you using? I've had 2 of these and seen a couple more, But none of them would work with more than one pellet in the mag. Can't see how the next pellet can ride smoothly over the top of the previous one in the mag. Perhaps you've had more success with a particular pellet? thanks john.
    Theoben Fenman, Theoben Scirroco 2000, BSA Cadet Major, Webley Premier MK2, ASI Sniper!

Quote Originally Posted by Joncaddy View Post
    Hi, congrats on getting a working Champion, what pellets are you using? I've had 2 of these and seen a couple more, But none of them would work with more than one pellet in the mag. Can't see how the next pellet can ride smoothly over the top of the previous one in the mag. Perhaps you've had more success with a particular pellet? thanks john.
    Hi John,
    I've had problems with a couple of these before, same pellet issue.
    There's a guy on utube who happily shoots off 12 shots with no probs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaFr3J7inAc

He does a good demo on how to load the mag correctly (take off the spring tension as you load them) and I push the first pellet back in a bit if its protruding from the top of the mag before I load it.

I asked him what pellets and he suggested 0.475g jsb match 4.5's but they didn't work for me.

I collected this one from Steve and he kindly let me try it and it worked fine with the RWS R10 4.5 8.2 grn Match rifle pellets it came with.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/RWS-4-50mm-.../dp/B002RUN0VW

These are longer than the JSB Match pellets and seem to sit in the mag better.
    Make sure the mag isn't catching half way up it's slide cycle, one of mine was and I gently sanded the catching edges and it's ok now.

Also make sure you have the cocking arm OPEN when you put the mag in.

It did jam once, (prior to me fettling the second mag) and luckily this one included the manual which shows how to take the back cover off, remove the loading pin and clear the jam.

I can send you a scan of the manual if you need it.

It's pretty low powered but very accurate and great fun when it works.

Hope this helps,

Matt.

Record Champion

Thanks Matt, i did try the R10 and various other wadcutter types but always with the same results. Jam if useing more than one pellet. Perhaps there were variations in the manufacturing of these pistols, as more seem to fail than work. Nice curio though, even though it doesn't repeate, repeatedly!!! John.
    Theoben Fenman, Theoben Scirroco 2000, BSA Cadet Major, Webley Premier MK2, ASI Sniper!