Thread: Calton Moor shooting range Ashbourne.

Calton Moor shooting range Ashbourne.

Has anyone here shot in the tunnels at Calton Moor?

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Yes, frequently, a great facility run by Mike Dickenson. Best suited to firearms and not air guns although FAC air may be OK ? Best check first !
    Mike also hosts various courses including Deer Management Lev. 1 BASC, as well as being a RFD and Zeiss dealer.
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Yes, frequently, a great facility run by Mike Dickenson. Best suited to firearms and not air guns although FAC air may be OK ? Best check first !
    Mike also hosts various courses including Deer Management Lev. 1 BASC, as well as being a RFD and Zeiss dealer.
    Cheers for that, my application has gone in with a view to getting a .25 Impact, it looks the perfect place to set up and pellet test without the variables of being outdoors.
    It says on the website targets can be set at all ranges up to 100yds could i ask how that works? are they sent down the tunnel on a pulley system?

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelletpinger View Post
    Cheers for that, my application has gone in with a view to getting a .25 Impact, it looks the perfect place to set up and pellet test without the variables of being outdoors.
    It says on the website targets can be set at all ranges up to 100yds could i ask how that works? are they sent down the tunnel on a pulley system?
    Yes thats correct. Mike uses his rangefinder binocs. to judge the range. I've only done this once when zeroing a .22LR rimfire at 50 yards, mostly I shoot centerfire at the full 100.

You've probably checked out the website so I would give Mike a bell to book a slot sound him out on your plans !
    “An airgun or two”………