Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bsa scorpion single shot value ?

Bsa scorpion single shot value ?

Been offered a bsa scorpion single shot with scope for £280,the gun is in very good nick,beech stock.280 is that decent price ya think ??.

I know a guy who last week traded one in for £200 scope included, 4 x 40 nikko sterling, the gun was immaculate.

Quote Originally Posted by robhw97k View Post
    Been offered a bsa scorpion single shot with scope for £280,the gun is in very good nick,beech stock.280 is that decent price ya think ??.
    Well I’d say 250 was a good price
    The last one my local gun shop had stuck around for ages at £300

Rifle wise, mine is JB blueprinted, unusually fussy for a 22 thankfully Crosman ultra nag shoot like lasers out of it, good solid basic rifle
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Depends on the scope, something like a mount master has zero value so that would be over priced imho, maybe £225 ish for the rifle & whatever the scope's worth on top.

Theres a 9x40 scope on the gun but no idea what make,ill offer him 250,thanks for the unput lads cheers

I await the " other peoples junk" post

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    I await the " other peoples junk" post
    not my fault SOME people on here sell shxx is it,next time you buy some thing that not as described dont moan either lad ;-)

not my fault SOME people on here sell shxx is it,next time you buy some thing that not as described dont moan either lad ;-)
    I don't buy expensive items without handling them or trying them if I do not know the seller , I won't be moaning if it its a bag of spanners plus i know that when I buy a used item there will be some issues (scratched or a bit of rust here and there) with it as it USED and not brand new even though brand new items can be faulty.

If you buy an item face to face and have tried it then you find a fault ,you did not look hard enough before giving over the money .

And when I have a problem with an item I buy ,I give the person more than 5 mins to reply before slating them to the public as a conman . I would hazard a guess that i'm not the only who does this either .

Yea i agree with most of that,but end of the day i bought 3 guns 3 were 100% faulty and not as described,i have bought other items on here with no probs,i had forgot all about bad dealings till you opened ya mouth,looks like you were just trying to be a azz.from now on i try before i buy face to face or brand new thats the best way.just leave it at that pal av a nice day.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by chrismac View Post

I know a guy who last week traded one in for £200 scope included, 4 x 40 nikko sterling, the gun was immaculate.
    Trade-in, eh? Well as dealers, as a rule of thumb, look for a 33% to 50% mark up, and as the scope detailed has no value (can still buy them new for £24.00 so second hand they are worth maybe a tenner at best), that conservatively puts said single shot Scorpion's value with that scope at £300, minimum, which if in .177, is imho, a most fair and reasonable price.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I bought a BSA Scorpion single-shot for about that and it is stunningly accurate and easy to use. Nice simple rifle that has a bit more chunkiness than a AA400 or a Falcon and that can do the job really well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post

I bought a BSA Scorpion single-shot for about that and it is stunningly accurate and easy to use. Nice simple rifle that has a bit more chunkiness than a AA400 or a Falcon and that can do the job really well.
    I completely agree with you. I have one, too.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Trade-in, eh? Well as dealers, as a rule of thumb, look for a 33% to 50% mark up, and as the scope detailed has no value (can still buy them new for £24.00 so second hand they are worth maybe a tenner at best), that conservatively puts said single shot Scorpion's value with that scope at £300, minimum, which if in .177, is imho, a most fair and reasonable price.
    I quoted facts for the benifit of the OP based on my recent experience, I dont quite understand the (Trade-in, eh?) in your post, are you agreeing with me, I know his scope was of little value, not one I would go for myself, it was .22 by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by chrismac View Post

I quoted facts for the benifit of the OP based on my recent experience, I dont quite understand the (Trade-in, eh?) in your post, are you agreeing with me, I know his scope was of little value, not one I would go for myself, it was .22 by the way.
    Am agreeing with you, as a shop can only really sell for market value, and by the pure nature of a 'trade in' they buy below market value based on where they see the market value. That way, when they sell on at market value they are still able to make a commercial profit. Therefore given the 33% to 50% mark up retailers need to achieve on the sale of a second hand item, a £200 'Trade-in' price conservatively equates to a £300 market value price ...

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Am agreeing with you, as a shop can only really sell for market value, and by the pure nature of a 'trade in' they buy below market value based on where they see the market value. That way, when they sell on at market value they are still able to make a commercial profit. Therefore given the 33% to 50% mark up retailers need to achieve on the sale of a second hand item, a £200 'Trade-in' price conservatively equates to a £300 market value price ...
    Ah thats what I thought you were meaning, good stuff then my comment was not far of the mark,