Thread: What is the ultimate sub 12lbs target rifle out of these.......

What is the ultimate sub 12lbs target rifle out of these.......

Hello im toying with the idea of getting a ft rifle after shooting a anschutz 9015 at the shooting show, so i was wondering is whats the best full uk power, say up to 3k ish? out of this shortlist? Steyr - Anschutz - fienwerkbau - walther .. pro's & cons with each if you have the time? Many thanks m

Purely personal preference and perceived bling factor.
    All these rifles are based on the companies 10m rifles and all are capable of gold medals at Olympics and world championships in that discipline. Basically they will outshoot any mortal.
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    You could take your pick of any of those - or get a Tsar/TM1000/FTP900/ISP.......for half the price, or buy one at under a grand with change and you would still be in the running - it's down to the shooter when you get to a certain level, which is why you see guys with MPRs/EV2s etc. still in the medals

You can only buy so much success, after that it's down to how hard you practise and gain experience. Fit, comfort and repeatability are more important that out and out accuracy, because if you have the most accurate gun in the world but move just a tiny bit each shot then they will never be consistent or long term accurate even though the gun can do it - you can't.

There is no doubt some guns are better than others, but you would be better getting a good fit and then try a few different models and pellet combos to try and establish what works for you. I'm guessing you could give the top guys in FT a £500 HW100 and they would still kick 90% of peoples arses in the comps

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Rifle choice

Would say go for steyr purely because of the excellent after sales service by steyr uk Harry Preston.also the guns are superb.

For doing what with?

Anschutz 9015 one.....no contest!

John
    Steyr LG 110 2014; Steyr Pro X; Anschutz 9015 HP ; SCR Exile .177; FX X barrel .177 Aeron Streamline; Daystate Delta Wolf .177; Tau-Brno MK300 .177; Sportsmatch GC2 mk3 .177

I don't know about ultimate or FT but for pure accuracy my FWB 800 takes some beating as does my Steyr Hunting Auto 5 pellet through pellet hole time after time. Any of these modern top quality target rifles bolted down will do the same thing accuracy wise, as will some of the older SSP's like Anschutz, Walther and FWB 600 series, it's a lot to do with what you feel best with, what fits you if you know what I mean, all you have to do is match the right size pellet to your particular rifle (some say don't bother with this) and away you go, plenty of choice out there.
    Remember, it is the strongest character that God gives the most challenges.