There is an old saying, 'if you can't beat them join them'. I have heard so many good things about BSA Airsporters, the Mk1 and Mk2 (I am told they are the best versions worth collecting), on this site, that I thought I should buy one and find out for myself. This collecting bug is a nuisance and this site adds considerably to the problem, for the simple reason that it enthuses me.

I have an option to purchase a Mk2, at a reasonable price, which is performing smoothly at a good margin over 11ft/lbs. What do others find is the accuracy of this rifle at, say, 25 and 30 yds? Will it produce a 3/4 in group at 30 yds? As a first point of comparison, this would also give me the opportunity to compare it with the Webley Mk3 and settle that particular argument in my own mind, whilst not wanting to reopen this old chestnut on this site!

I fear that, if I do buy it, I will then find something else to seek out - perhaps at Kempton. I fear Lakey is partly responsible for this: I met him at the first Kempton event and his bug is especially infectious, albeit he is in an advanced state with the 'ailment'. Unlike him, however, I am not a technician and taking to pieces an air rifle fills me with a degree of dread.

A