Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: £2,500 Daystate, who would?. (link in thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Solvo View Post
    I would have purchased the original titanium daystate (can't remember the model CRM?) for £2500 in a heartbeat in 2003 if id had the money.
    Given they now trade for £35K+ since so few exist it would have been a sensible buy.
    Without jumping on the oft-repeated "Daystate are overpriced" bandwagon (each to their own n all that), if you can point me in the direction of whoever is prepared to pay 35grand for a modern air rifle I would love their contact details as I have some magic beans and a bottle of snake oil that I'd like to flog them...

Quote Originally Posted by Taz72 View Post
    Without jumping on the oft-repeated "Daystate are overpriced" bandwagon (each to their own n all that), if you can point me in the direction of whoever is prepared to pay 35grand for a modern air rifle I would love their contact details as I have some magic beans and a bottle of snake oil that I'd like to flog them...
    I think it'd have to be more like a magic pellets..... Made from pre-christ lead

I could never figure out the reason daystate charge so much & after reading your post I now now why.. they aren't actually making airguns at all.. they are making air-relics.. enchanted air-relics infact.
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    No interest in that whatsoever, but some people have. Each to his/her own !
    “An airgun or two”………

£2,500 Daystate, who would?. (link in thread)

They should have hired hellboy to model it with that colour scheme!

I think it’s so ugly I’d be embarrassed to use it in front of people. I wouldn’t pay £500 let alone £2500. If it appeals and you can afford it, then do what makes you happy.

I do however like the Wolverine R in Grey laminate which I think is being sold for £1400 so I may look at that. I’m sure some people will consider my choice as ugly and expensive though!

Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    They should have hired hellboy to model it with that colour scheme!
    Nope more like Darth Maul

Daystate seem to bring out a special edition every 5 minutes, surely they can't hold their value that well??

For £2500 I've bought my Compatto Target, my BSA R-10se, two Hawke sidewinders, moderators, bipods.....

Sorry daystate, it's a NAY from me!!
    Arte et marte.
    Brocock Compatto Target .177 - Hawke Airmax 3-12x50SF
    BSA R10se BP laminate .177 - Hawke Sidewinder 10x42SF

If i had the money i would have one of each DS limited edition all wall mounted behind glass in my billiards room but i dont have the money
    each ti there own but i will say that I am very impressed with Daystate at the moment from the compatto bantam and regal all regulated with Lothar barrels all the way to the electronics with the wolverine in the middle i am back in the market for a DS or brocock

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MrGrumpy View Post
    I am back in the market for a DS or brocock
    You can’t go far wrong with Brocock IMHO, My Compatto Target is awesome! I unfortunately had to send the first one back, I bought mine the week they came out so was unsurprised! Brocock were brilliant though , and I had a brand new replacement in a week.

Fills to 240bar, 120 regulated shots and will put a Bisley Magnum through its own hole at 35 yards, love it!!
    Arte et marte.

Quote Originally Posted by Staffs86 View Post
    You can’t go far wrong with Brocock IMHO, My Compatto Target is awesome! I unfortunately had to send the first one back, I bought mine the week they came out so was unsurprised! Brocock were brilliant though , and I had a brand new replacement in a week.

Fills to 240bar, 120 regulated shots and will put a Bisley Magnum through its own hole at 35 yards, love it!!
    I am torn between the bantam and the huntsman regulated versions would love the new rosso but dont have 2k spare

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.C View Post
    My sentiments entirely, my 1st thoughts, “jeez that's pug ugly! "
    The colour of a baboon ass and the air cylinder looks like a badly inserted suppository

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!
    Why not? It’s good for the industry and if someone wants one fair play. Compared to top end full bore gear it’s cheap.
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

Quote Originally Posted by MrGrumpy View Post
    I am torn between the bantam and the huntsman regulated versions would love the new rosso but dont have 2k spare
    I had my hands on the new bantam HR at the NEC, that’s a mighty fine piece of equipment right there! But for some reason I can’t justify having two of the same type of rifle? No idea why!! I’ve got a ‘semi-bullpup’ with my Compatto, and a more ‘traditional’ style rifle with my R10! Is anyone else that way inclined??
    Arte et marte.

Everyone has a weakness. My guns are tools first and shelf queens never.
    But watches....now thats a different story. I have 30 quid timex what lights up when its dark and a tritium always glowy thing but an quality watch.....thats in my 50th birthday list even though that was 5 years ago.
    Looking at a Rado Centrix chrono for everyday work and Cartier for posh stuff.
    I guess its exactly the same principle just different toys.

I view rifles as tools and would not be looking to spend 2500 on a rifle that isnt a field ready bit of kit. But I would blow several thousand on some quality horology that does what my 30 quid timex does.

Had a go with a Saxon the other day. Lovely rifle but would I get one.....probably not......it isnt really designed to chuck about of apply a liberal dose of mud and wet at an HFT...

everybody has a weakness......its the ability to fund it and probably to justify it to someone else
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Solware claims to have sold some already

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...13283798968291