Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: £2,500 Daystate, who would?. (link in thread)

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do

£2,500 Daystate, who would?. (link in thread)

Just curious who would purchase this if they had the cash?, I like Daystate's but could not justify spending this kind of money when there are more reasonably priced rifles that perform just as well. Its over to the BBS collective for a yay or a nay.

https://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk...eid=ea5586aa6d

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

£1500 too much IMO.

I suppose it's like everything else that's high end, whether it's a watch, car or wine. The higher the price the lesser the difference in quality and value for money. It's way more than what I would ever want stood in a gun, dread to think what you would lose after a tin of pellets. If I was loaded yes I'd probably buy it along with an Aston, but as I'm not il stick with my cheapies!

ohh

personal opinion they are overpriced --not saying they might not be worth it but there are as good air guns at a lot lower price

it is hard to swallow when you think you could have a steyr h5 or lg110, fx crown royal wildcat or streamline, bsa anything or hw anything.... infact almost anything!! in a hand carved custom stock and still have change for other custom work for the same cash... mmmmmm., no thanks, I think daystate have priced themselves out this time.

id rather a £1500 gun.., £500 custom stock & a £500 bit of glass for the same money thanks.
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    I wonder how much these limited runs hold their value and are they an investment maybe?.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

I think it looks ugly as myself.

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    I think it looks ugly as myself.
    My sentiments entirely, my 1st thoughts, “jeez that's pug ugly! "

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    As already mentioned - value is perceived - many of us have cars/bikes/gun collections others would gaup at - but if it brings you pleasure and does not harm others then fair play to you if you can afford it.

I didn't buy one, and I think the non LE versions which are £500 cheaper will be every bit as good, and to me are prettier.

And lets face it - looks are not everything, but most of us don't want an ugly one. LOL

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

I would have purchased the original titanium daystate (can't remember the model CRM?) for £2500 in a heartbeat in 2003 if id had the money.
    Given they now trade for £35K+ since so few exist it would have been a sensible buy.

I guess much could depend on your disposable income. If the rifle cost is a minute fraction of disposable income then I can see a situation where cost would not matter to the purchaser and a purchase could be made without a second thought. As disposable income declines then cost becomes a more serious consideration to be balanced against the level of that income i.e. can you afford it, and the desire of ownership. As income declines further still there is a point when purchase becomes impossible without serious implications on every day lifestyle. Of course the borderlines can get blurred and at times I expect that the 'rosy glow' of a new expensive rifle can cloud other considerations. So, in the end it all boils down to your personal circumstances and take on the hobby / sport you love.
    If you can afford it and want one ... why not? It's your choice.
    Me? Spend £2K on a rifle? No.
    Cheers, Phil

It's a vanity piece, to be sold to some one will lots of money and nothing better to do with it.

Ora

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.C View Post
    My sentiments entirely, my 1st thoughts, “jeez that's pug ugly! "
    Me too but didn’t want to say anything in case I offended anyone who had just ordered one.
    Just to “pug ugly” into context, I own 4 rapids and it even makes them look attractive

Bb

It's a collectors investment not an airgun for real world use so the price reflects that, not for me.

"looks only a mother could love" is I believe the polite way to put it

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    "looks only a mother could love" is I believe the polite way to put it
    Couldn't agree more
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177