Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: £2,500 Daystate, who would?. (link in thread)

Collectors items. I have a customer that has two of each and near every air rifle. He is now the proud owner of two rosso's one in .177 and one in .22. He has 4 impacts two blacks in .177 and 22, and two silvers in .177 and .22. He also has two pulsar walnuts in each caliber and two saxons in each caliber. Two AA's galahad's regulated walnuts in you guessed it .177 and .22. Two s510 tdr's in walnut again in both calibers. He spent more money on air rifles last year than i earned. He is a dedicated collector of ltd editions and none of the rifles have ever seen a shot put through them. Each to their own i guess.

He must be your favourite customer!!!
    Arte et marte.
    Brocock Compatto Target .177 - Hawke Airmax 3-12x50SF
    BSA R10se BP laminate .177 - Hawke Sidewinder 10x42SF

I couldn't justify that sort of money on any air rifle.

I could consider it on a full set up if I started those crazy long range bullet flinging comps.

All of the above.

No way would I spend that sort of money on an air rifle, and, are they really worth that amount. Most of them are ugly and could not shoot any better than a rifle costing a fraction of the price.
    That`s my Victor Meldrew moment

Quote Originally Posted by nimrod177 View Post
    Collectors items. I have a customer that has two of each and near every air rifle. He is now the proud owner of two rosso's one in .177 and one in .22. He has 4 impacts two blacks in .177 and 22, and two silvers in .177 and .22. He also has two pulsar walnuts in each caliber and two saxons in each caliber. Two AA's galahad's regulated walnuts in you guessed it .177 and .22. Two s510 tdr's in walnut again in both calibers. He spent more money on air rifles last year than i earned. He is a dedicated collector of ltd editions and none of the rifles have ever seen a shot put through them. Each to their own i guess.
    My mates ex girlfriends dad is almost the same . Loads of brand new airguns and none have been shot more than once . they get locked away and brought out once in a while to check they are ok then locked away again.

Quote Originally Posted by nimrod177 View Post
    Have you considered selling him smarties
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Quote Originally Posted by Taz72 View Post
    Without jumping on the oft-repeated "Daystate are overpriced" bandwagon (each to their own n all that), if you can point me in the direction of whoever is prepared to pay 35grand for a modern air rifle I would love their contact details as I have some magic beans and a bottle of snake oil that I'd like to flog them...
    Only a handfull of CR-MM rifles were made due to the extreme price no one wanted to pay £2750 for what was then a "modern air rifle" The last one to sell on open trade went to Mexico for £20K and there was an open buy offer for one in the states for $50K (as of 2008 when i last heard of this)

This is from AGW 2001 Buyers Guide since I've failed to find the details anywhere else. Sorry for the poor image but it's all i could find for it, there dont appear to be reabily available images of this particular rifle online. Though there is one of a customer engraved one-off version in a Gary Cane stock that was even more expensive (purportedly $60K)
    http://sky-down.co.uk/Files/Host/CR-MM.jpg

But yes, If id had the money back then i would have got one, and if I had the money now I would certainly consider it if the new one looked half as good. Really not a fan of that new design though.
    Last one I actually wanted was the Red Ranger since i Like the theme and approve of their charity contribution for the profits form that edition.

So yes, they're expensive, and no; you wont find someone who wants to hand over £35K for a modern rifle. As others have said ... these are collector items for the enthusiast buyers; they were never intended for the average plinker or rough and tumble of woodland hunting.

I wonder how many people would be negative if the badge was RAW?
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    I wonder how many people would be negative if the badge was RAW?
    Its not being negative due to the make. Its the £2500 for a bloody air rifle. In america that would buy you a .50cal . They have priced themselves out of the uk market. Although there are people who would pay that redicilous price!

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    Its not being negative due to the make. Its the £2500 for a bloody air rifle. In america that would buy you a .50cal . They have priced themselves out of the uk market. Although there are people who would pay that redicilous price!
    I didn't say I am in the queue to buy one .
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    I didn't say I am in the queue to buy one .
    Good man

Many very interesting comments and personal views. But a few points seem to be missing from the debate:
    - you may not like the price nor the looks of the rifle but at the same time you do not have to buy it.
    - clearly Daystate expect to make a profit from production and sale of this model; they are in business to make money not act as a shooters' philanthropic society.
    - if they fail to make a profit then clearly their business plan is shaky which could have consequences for all other models they produce and sell.
    - time will tell but at present my guess is that the special editions are nice little earners for them.

Maybe best to just sit back and watch the world go by resplendent in the knowledge that one of our major manufacturers are willing to provide such masterpieces in the furtherance of air gunning interest.

Just thoughts .....

Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Solvo View Post
    Only a handfull of CR-MM rifles were made due to the extreme price no one wanted to pay £2750 for what was then a "modern air rifle" The last one to sell on open trade went to Mexico for £20K and there was an open buy offer for one in the states for $50K (as of 2008 when i last heard of this)

This is from AGW 2001 Buyers Guide since I've failed to find the details anywhere else. Sorry for the poor image but it's all i could find for it, there dont appear to be reabily available images of this particular rifle online. Though there is one of a customer engraved one-off version in a Gary Cane stock that was even more expensive (purportedly $60K)
    http://sky-down.co.uk/Files/Host/CR-MM.jpg

But yes, If id had the money back then i would have got one, and if I had the money now I would certainly consider it if the new one looked half as good. Really not a fan of that new design though.
    Last one I actually wanted was the Red Ranger since i Like the theme and approve of their charity contribution for the profits form that edition.

So yes, they're expensive, and no; you wont find someone who wants to hand over £35K for a modern rifle. As others have said ... these are collector items for the enthusiast buyers; they were never intended for the average plinker or rough and tumble of woodland hunting.
    You mean this, ahem, understated rifle.....http://www.ctc.com.pt/2009/Daystate/daystate.jpg
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

Yeah, that's the custom engraved one off, that sold for an insane price.
    If i had the money, sure Id buy it. "Expensive" is a subjective term. There are people who buy multiple supercars, any one of which would fun a colossal collection of rifles.

It's a lot of money, and too much certainly for most people, But there will always be those with enough money to buy it.

If I had the funds, I would love that rifle in my cabinet too😄
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter