Thread: What are the UK's favorite springers these days?

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User

What are the UK's favorite springers these days?

I have to admit that I don't know and was wondering what some of you thought and why, my suggestion is the two in the pic but perhaps times have changed.

these 2 would be fine.ive got 2 hw95s-less weight than the hw80-the .22 is very accurate too.

I know the bottom gun is the favorite at my house. I've got my eye on my 9th, a MarkII .177 in walnut. I think I will sell one or both my MarkIII's to get this gun. I just can't decide which one of my current 8 is the most accurate. The 5 MarkI's will all have to stay and the 1 MarkII is the best I've ever seen. One of the MarkIII's is also on par with the MarkII, so it will be a hard choice.

I love my Pro Sport, such a nice gun to shoot and looks great.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by WebleyEclipseII View Post
    I love my Pro Sport, such a nice gun to shoot and looks great.
    Same here but alas I feel the majority still opt for either HW95 or 97 depending on which cocking action they want, I don't blame them for buying the 95 as there's nothing British made anymore that can match it but the 97 has got it's arse kicked with the TX and Prosport.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    I have to admit that I don't know and was wondering what some of you thought and why, my suggestion is the two in the pic but perhaps times have changed.

I think you're about right with these two, Barry.

In terms of volume sales of new springers (as opposed to "favourites"), I'd guess the more budget priced Chinese ones lead the way and perform that vital job admirably of getting new people into the sport.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Same here but alas I feel the majority still opt for either HW95 or 97 depending on which cocking action they want, I don't blame them for buying the 95 as there's nothing British made anymore that can match it but the 97 has got it's arse kicked with the TX and Prosport.

Pete
    Agree the hw95 is a fabulous air rifle.

HW 80 and 77/97, Diana 31/34 in my gaff !

I think the TX s have a strong following but I see a lot of HW 97s where ever I go Airgun club wise so I think it’s still the top one -
    Most hunty folk are on pcp though hw80’s and underlever s still seem around lot on farms etc as casual grab an airgun airguns from what I’ve seen about -
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

A walther lgv is my pick up rifle at moment smooth and so so accurate

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I think you're about right with these two, Barry.

In terms of volume sales of new springers (as opposed to "favourites"), I'd guess the more budget priced Chinese ones lead the way and perform that vital job admirably of getting new people into the sport.
    Suspect this to be accurate in terms of sales !
    “An airgun or two”………

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Underlever, I cannot choose between the TX200 and the prosport
    Break barrel, hw 98
    Pete

Hw80k and tx200 but young lads guns,to heavy for my old arms.

Airgun Shooter mag' used to do a monthly poll of RFD's to see the trends in sales. Now on a website of officianados, the usual culprits appear (and rightly so), but always the surprise was that the Hatsans and Remington Expresses were in the top 5 consistently , vying with the TX's the HW97 and 95.

Personally, the HW95 is hard to beat, but having recently acquired a Diana 280, I'm equally as smitten with that.

I think my favourite would have to be my Bsa goldstar under lever 10 shot.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Airgun Shooter mag' used to do a monthly poll of RFD's to see the trends in sales. Now on a website of officianados, the usual culprits appear (and rightly so), but always the surprise was that the Hatsans and Remington Expresses were in the top 5 consistently , vying with the TX's the HW97 and 95.
    I don't find that a surprise. Budget entry-level springers outsell premium ones. Look at the air rifles handed in (pointlessly) during police "firearms amnesties". We all notice the occasional Mk1 Airsporter or whatever, but the vast majority are B2s, Gamos, Meteors, and their ilk. Often rusty or broken.

And check almost any gunshop. Lots of cheap springers in stock (and budget CO2 pistols, these days). And they sell.