Thread: What are the UK's favorite springers these days?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Airgun Shooter mag' used to do a monthly poll of RFD's to see the trends in sales. Now on a website of officianados, the usual culprits appear (and rightly so), but always the surprise was that the Hatsans and Remington Expresses were in the top 5 consistently , vying with the TX's the HW97 and 95.

Personally, the HW95 is hard to beat, but having recently acquired a Diana 280, I'm equally as smitten with that.

I think my favourite would have to be my Bsa goldstar under lever 10 shot.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Airgun Shooter mag' used to do a monthly poll of RFD's to see the trends in sales. Now on a website of officianados, the usual culprits appear (and rightly so), but always the surprise was that the Hatsans and Remington Expresses were in the top 5 consistently , vying with the TX's the HW97 and 95.
    I don't find that a surprise. Budget entry-level springers outsell premium ones. Look at the air rifles handed in (pointlessly) during police "firearms amnesties". We all notice the occasional Mk1 Airsporter or whatever, but the vast majority are B2s, Gamos, Meteors, and their ilk. Often rusty or broken.

And check almost any gunshop. Lots of cheap springers in stock (and budget CO2 pistols, these days). And they sell.