Thread: New Co2 Pistol

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by markus2066 View Post
    I was leaning away from a single shot pistol but looking at it I am now quite interested in the 2240 I do like the sound of the tuning and customisation options as I am a bit of a tinkerer, they are also very cheap and doesn't look like there is much to go wrong. Is anyone able to give me a figure of shots per cylinder for this?

Once I have enough posts i'll check the for sale section for the 2240 you mention Tony.T, out of interest do you recall how much is going for?

Also thanks for the advice on getting it chrono'ed, generally speaking how do "most" pistols stand up to the 6ft.bl limit do many fall well below or sit around a safe 5.5 or something?

Upon reflection I do think a single shot bolt action would be nice and easy to reload and remove the temptation to go nuts and shoot like crazy and go through lots of canisters and pellets......

Thanks again everyone
    Ok - the bog standard 2240 is quite cheap, but once you start adding bits to it and customising it, the costs can spiral wildly out of control, to the point where you could have bought a very good quality target pistol instead. For some (like me!) the modding is all part of the fun so I don't mind so much that I have ended up with some very expensive CO2 guns. If you are a practical sort who likes to tinker then it may be for you. If you are looking for a solid single investment then it may not. I have to disagree with Aimstraight in that I think the problox are absolute crap. The only sensible way of geting a scope or red dot on a 2240 is to buy a metal breech, which incurs further expense. Standard metal breech and new probe will run you about £50. Multishot breech the best part of £100. 2240 triggers are also crap as standard, sorting that out is going to cost you extra.

Don't get me wrong, I have three 22xx guns and am currently building a fourth, but it does not represent value for money; you really need to know what you're letting yourself in for.

The new CP1 is basically a re-engineered 2240, but with proper sights and rails, and an acceptable trigger from the get-go.

As far as power goes, nearly all of the revolver type multishots (including the umarex 1911 and CP88, because internally they are revolvers) are quite low powered. 3 ft/lb would be very good for them. But that's not really what they are all about.
    Good deals with these members

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    .... I have to disagree with Aimstraight in that I think the problox are absolute crap......
    I didn't say that they are any good . Agreed the basic item is not stable, but with a bit of engineering (decent screws and metal shim at the top) they can be made to work, perfectly acceptable for a casual plink. I am not one for splashing out on the steel breach
    Treat Others As You Would Wish To Be Treated.

Thumbs up

Hi All,

Sorry about the late reply I've had quite a busy weekend away.

I do really like the look of the CP1 they do seem really great value, does anyone else know anything about being able to get them for £70 from Poland as mentioned by AdeC at the beginning of this thread? Its interesting to see there are quite a few variants on this also (CP1-M and PCP version). Does anyone know the difference between the CP1 and CP1-M?

Reading about the CP1 there is talk of some being made in China, did manufacturing move there or are these just cheap replicas? Is there anything I should watch out for while shopping for one of these?

The CP1 sounds like a much better standard gun for a little more money I also seems much easier to get a 177 version which I think I would prefer.

Reading around the forum it does seem like there are things I could play with on the CP1 should I feel the need to tinker with it in future. I have dome some googling and can see some mentions of trigger kits etc, can anyone recommend a supplier of any mods/spares for these if they exist?

Thanks for sharing TONYL's experience of the Vigilante MikeHW45

Thanks Guys

Google Silesia Shop Poland, the company that sell them; easy transaction. The CP1 occasionally comes up used on bbs. You could put up a Wanted thread on bbs. The trigger would benefit from a light polish of the sear surfaces (easy job), and some like to shorten the trigger pull length (another easy job), also a weaker hammer spring (another easy job) from the 'bay will tame the power and get you more shots per bulb. There is a huge thread on bbs about the CP1/Trophy, do a search for these words. CP1-M is multi-shot, folk have had problems with the magazine in that, the single shot CP1 would be less trouble.

Edit: There is a CP1 in sales now, but it is in the more unusual 0.25 calibre!
    Last edited by Aimstraight; 26-02-2018 at 10:38 AM. Reason: Typo
    Treat Others As You Would Wish To Be Treated.

They are good fun in .25
    You can see your pellets in flight!

Also available here for much cheapness
    https://www.protarget.com.pl/product...m-cal-177.html
    Don't worry about what version as they're all made by Snow Peak in China and just rebadged.
    The mods mentioned above are very easy. I've done them to mine and it's turned a good pistol into an excellent one.
    If you want a little brass collar to do the easy trigger mod to take out the slack I'd be happy to send you one for free.

I did notice the CP1 in the for sale section as I would mainly want it for target shooting and as I understand it a .177 would be best suited.

Also in my search for a CP1 I notice the CP2 is out, but it seems to come with a stock and longer barrel allowing it to be both a pistol or rifle which doesn't interest me. Not sure if it comes just as a pistol and/or has any benefits over the CP1?

Hopefully I can shift my Stringray and i'll find myself a pistol