Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sterling armaments

Sterling armaments

http://sterlingarmaments.com

Some interesting looking guns - with 'assistance' from Boxall& Edminson. Looks like they have Tont Belas formerly of Daystatebon board.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Thanks for the YouTube link, the rifles look alot more plausible in the moving image. The Webley copy is very pretty indeed. Some design work needs to be done on making the opposed piston gun less of a hideous contraption, but the idea is good. Not sure why they departed from the Park layout so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    The Webley copy is very pretty indeed.
    I wonder how pretty it's going to look with a scope on it, Alistair ?

The opening of the bolt looks like it will rule out fitting a rifle scope so the only alternative will be to fit a pistol scope.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I wonder how pretty it's going to look with a scope on it, Alistair ?

The opening of the bolt looks like it will rule out fitting a rifle scope so the only alternative will be to fit a pistol scope.
    Hmm. It's going to need a tang-fitted peep-sight. Scoping it will turn it into a Webley Service Mk II.1 'Scout Rifle' which is too much of a stretch and it will end up looking like a prop from the first Star Wars movie ... which featured a lot of Sterlings (without their magazines).

which featured a lot of Sterlings (without their magazines).
    If I recall, they had short, perhaps 5 round mags ?
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Quote Originally Posted by aris View Post
    As long as they have only bought the designs from MR Trim . He is not reliable with many people waiting on their goods they bought from him or their money back http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-few-years-ago

His Paradigm Never saw the light of day other than some prototypes as far as i can remember.

I seriously hope that people that have paid for them get them and he does not just disappear with peoples money again And the companies that are getting involved with him are not left to pay his debts.
    Last edited by bighit; 25-02-2018 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aris View Post
    The new one's out :- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dCM3k_pZAbE

It's not going to work. Too complex, not 'stiff' enough. It was the 'this is balanced for the pellet' comment that gives it away.

It's going to be like the Park, a nice idea but the reality somehow doesn't translate through.

A tweaked ProSport or TX200 is going to be a better rifle.

Doomed, we are all doomed.

It's not going to work. Too complex, not 'stiff' enough. It was the 'this is balanced for the pellet' comment that gives it away.

It's going to be like the Park, a nice idea but the reality somehow doesn't translate through.

A tweaked ProSport or TX200 is going to be a better rifle.

Doomed, we are all doomed.

Strangely, Alistair, it reminds me of another twin piston recoilless gun.

image.jpg

Ha,ha,

I'm a sucker for a pretty face that little PCP is a stunner, and I do like the side lever but that's a wait and see type. It depends on reliability mainly, PCP ease of shooting with no need for a bottle can't be bad.

Of course you'd still have a bottle for the little darling.

Ora

Sterling

Hats off to them. Nice to see a British company bring something new out unlike some I can mention. I wish you all the best. Mach 1.5

Hmm. It's going to need a tang-fitted peep-sight. Scoping it will turn it into a Webley Service Mk II.1 'Scout Rifle' which is too much of a stretch and it will end up looking like a prop from the first Star Wars movie ... which featured a lot of Sterlings (without their magazines).
    I was thinking the easiest and cleanest way to fit sights would be to groove the muzzle to accept a HW style tunnel fore sight with interchangeable elements, and to cut 11mm grooves into the top of the transfer port/barrel latch block so a Williams diopter sight could be used.

image.jpeg
    Last edited by T 20; 25-02-2018 at 08:41 PM.

Strangely, Alistair, it reminds me of another twin piston recoilless gun.

image.jpg

Ha,ha,
    Is that one of your babies? it looks too nicely turned to be a gedfinn2 blaster.

The PCP looks like a pretty little thing.