Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pro sport stock worth changing to walnut?

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    The threaded holes were indeed already there, I just needed to buy a couple of bolts to go through them.

I tried that ProSport in a CS thumbhole, it was not any more comfortable. The standard stock is superb, in fact it the rifle is almost perfect from the factory.
    I had a CS700 stock on it before I sold it to you Alistair, I took it off and sold it on as I needed the money at the time, the same reason for selling the rifle on as well, I thought you said that the threads were already there when you sold it back to me but I wasn't quite sure.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

I don't have any issues with walnut and have a couple guns with walnut stocks which i love but this thread was only in relation to this particular gun which is pretty rough and will be renovated on a tight budget so i was looking at cost vs reward based on a gun that will never be perfect.

I am in agreement with Pete and Hsing-ee though and if changing to walnut wouldn't look any further than an original pro sport stock and they look perfect and handle like a custom job. I would like to get a CS500 specially selected blank for my Hw95.
    Beech on a working/hunting rifle achieves the guns function fully its just this gun is on the heavy side and I've had a few shoulder operations.
    I've have also seen some pretty bland looking walnut blanks used on several rifles, you get good and bad with both woods.
    Thank you everyone for all your opinions,
    Johnj
    Webley Excel, Webley Tomahawk, Air arms khamsin, Air arms Pro Sport, Bam B26-2, Bam B45-3, BSA Mercury, Sharp Innova (licenced Indonesian version).