Thread: Fenman/evolution

Fenman/evolution

Can anyone tell me the difference between the Feman and the Evolution,are parts interchangeable.

Quote Originally Posted by sarfarm View Post
    Can anyone tell me the difference between the Fenman and the Evolution,are parts interchangeable.
    Longer barrel on the Evo ? Stocks ? i'm not sure .

Longer barrel on the evo shorter barrel on the fenman as mentioned. The stocks are usually different but inletting should accept both actions and as they are both post he rifles the parts are I believe interchangeable mate. Hth Chris

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    Longer barrel on the evo shorter barrel on the fenman as mentioned. The stocks are usually different but inletting should accept both actions and as they are both post he rifles the parts are I believe interchangeable mate. Hth Chris
    There is a tube for sale on but it does not seem to have the same rear fitting as my fenman,which has a pin holding the end block.

Quote Originally Posted by sarfarm View Post
    There is a tube for sale on but it does not seem to have the same rear fitting as my fenman,which has a pin holding the end block.
    i have not seen many Theoben Gas Ram rifles and the only one I know that had a Pin on the rear end is the HW90.

Or do you mean the bolt in the back as in these pics that the valve sits in ?

http://www.dursley.org.uk/air/gasramsstrip.pdf

could you post a pic of th tube?

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Most Fenmans had "bolt-on" single screw mounts on a ramp although some of the very last had a groved cylinder as do the Evolutions, and again many Fenmans had the now discontinued exotic hardwood Hyedua stock before changing to walnut ! Evolutions never had the hyedua stock just walnut or beech.
    There also appears to be subtle differences between Fenmans as my two .22 guns, one early, the other a later version are not interchangable stock/cylinder wise due to variances in dimensions in the trigger block area.
    “An airgun or two”………

I can confirm, a fixed rail theoben came into my possession years ago (now gone)

It had been overpowered, piston/ram/piston seal and everything inside it was broken. There was a pin above the trigger area, which could not be removed due to pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy001 View Post
    I can confirm, a fixed rail theoben came into my possession years ago (now gone)

It had been overpowered, piston/ram/piston seal and everything inside it was broken. There was a pin above the trigger area, which could not be removed due to pressure.
    Yes this is the one and the holes have elongated due I suspect to over pressure,would prefer to replace the tube rather than weld them up.
    Gun shoots fine but expect future problems if this is not cured,

The one I got, the whole ram detached itself inside the cylinder. The release/increase pressure valve area was kaput too. It was impossible to get the gun apart, I had to drill the ram to release the pressure, the piston seal was burnt too.

I'm glad it sounds okay, surely impact sells the cylinder.

Sorry I can't help any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy001 View Post
    The one I got, the whole ram detached itself inside the cylinder. The release/increase pressure valve area was kaput too. It was impossible to get the gun apart, I had to drill the ram to release the pressure, the piston seal was burnt too.

I'm glad it sounds okay, surely impact sells the cylinder.

Sorry I can't help any more.
    Thanks for your help,it seems that some fenmans has the circlip system with a largs O ring,others had the pinned type as per HW,mine is s/n 12xxx
    so what year I dont know.