Thread: Back in the day..

Back in the day..

How many of you tried to break a milk bottle or tried to shoot a shotgun shell to make it go off .. I was sat here thinking ... what was the daftist thing I had shot at .. flies on cow muck now that's a good un .. any road let me tell you a story... many moons ago me and me owd mucker was out rabbiting, I had me owd side by side on that day, anyway this ground had a old bomb hole right next to a road a big bugger and in the bottom was a bloody big sett.. and the biggest Rat I had ever seen in my life , but all the time we was stood we could hear a strange hissing sound that got louder and louder anyway this rat stuck it's Self out a bit to much and I leveled it .... well the noise was bad I mean loud we it being like a small quarry hole.. next thing this hissing turned into a right loud smashing / scraping/swearing wrecking mess ,we stuck our head over the wall , it was a bloody bike race what a mess ..... needless to say me and me mucker did one. I don't know what looked worse that lot picking the bits up or us pair of old sods running up the dale!

Quote Originally Posted by Round View Post
    How many of you tried to break a milk bottle or tried to shoot a shotgun shell to make it go off .. I was sat here thinking ... what was the daftist thing I had shot at .. flies on cow muck now that's a good un .. any road let me tell you a story... many moons ago me and me owd mucker was out rabbiting, I had me owd side by side on that day, anyway this ground had a old bomb hole right next to a road a big bugger and in the bottom was a bloody big sett.. and the biggest Rat I had ever seen in my life , but all the time we was stood we could hear a strange hissing sound that got louder and louder anyway this rat stuck it's Self out a bit to much and I leveled it .... well the noise was bad I mean loud we it being like a small quarry hole.. next thing this hissing turned into a right loud smashing / scraping/swearing wrecking mess ,we stuck our head over the wall , it was a bloody bike race what a mess ..... needless to say me and me mucker did one. I don't know what looked worse that lot picking the bits up or us pair of old sods running up the dale!

LOL the daftist thing I shot was the ceiling in my old house.

Have to be my big toe. I had an old Daisy model 25 and they were powerful as far as a BB gun goes. I was pumping the action and firing around with an empty gun when my cousin says, Are you sure that thing is empty? I said I was sure because they are magazine fed, and when they stop shooting out BB's, they are empty. They weren't like the old lever guns that had a place to just dump in the BB's and hope one found it's way to the barrel. You never knew when a BB would come out of, say, a Red Ryder, but the #25 was different. You put 50 in the tube and 50 came out. To prove how sure I was, that the gun was empty, I stuck the barrel down on my toe and fired. I wish I could've gotten a picture of my face because it had to have been the most surprised look in the history of mankind. It also hurt quite a lot to have a BB hole in my dang toe.

yes, as a young teenager we did the shot gun cartridge experiment, I finally hit it with my HW95 .177, really chuffed for a split second but anyone else stupid enough to have tried will probably know that the shot stays put and the shell general travels in the direction of the buffoon shooting it
    Daystate Owners Club new site: www.daystateownersclub.com/forum

Daftest thing I shot was my chrono. I had literally taken it out the box and levelled the wires. Gun hadnt been used in ages and was zeroed way too low, went straight through screen. It wasnt a cheap £50 chrono either. Was guttered