Thread: Dennis Hiller first edition pistol book for sale

Dennis Hiller first edition pistol book for sale

I've got the above book for sale in the main air gun section, titled 'various stuff' it's from 1979 and the valuations are eye watering! I used to see Dennis in Jeans Military shop in Great hardwood, is he still alive? used to love his sales catalogue, very schoolboy.

I remember seeing Jean with her stall at a market in Haslingden many years ago - I still have the purple card she gave me for "Jean the Airgun Queen".

Does she still have a military shop in Great Harwood?
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by peddy View Post
    I've got the above book for sale in the main air gun section, titled 'various stuff' it's from 1979 and the valuations are eye watering! I used to see Dennis in Jeans Military shop in Great hardwood, is he still alive? used to love his sales catalogue, very schoolboy.
    Some classic Dennis Hiller lists here.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    I remember seeing Jean with her stall at a market in Haslingden many years ago - I still have the purple card she gave me for "Jean the Airgun Queen".

Does she still have a military shop in Great Harwood?
    l belive she closed the shop some years ago. she used to addvertise in Gunmart that was how l came acrooss her shop. l bought my Tell 3 off her, and sold her a few of my guns about 20 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by micky2 View Post
    l belive she closed the shop some years ago. she used to addvertise in Gunmart that was how l came acrooss her shop. l bought my Tell 3 off her, and sold her a few of my guns about 20 years ago.
    Pitty she is not around now - I have a drawer full of Webley air pistols I would like to sell - and her shop was within easy reach - she was "The Airgun Queen" and may have had a nice match rifle in stock that we could have done a deal on!
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.