Thread: Best Stirrup Pump

bossmugler is offline More breaking even than breaking bad

Best Stirrup Pump

Hi All

I am currently in the market for a quality built and reliable stirrup pump to refill my HW100K. I do have a divers tank, but its a bit of a faff having to cart it to my not so local gun shop for a charge and the tank is due for a test soon anyway. I have been searching the net and FX and Hills seem to be the shooters favourite. However the Hills requires an external dry pack, whereas the FX has one built in. What do the forum members feel is the best pump out there? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by bossmugler View Post
    Hi All

I am currently in the market for a quality built and reliable stirrup pump to refill my HW100K. I do have a divers tank, but its a bit of a faff having to cart it to my not so local gun shop for a charge and the tank is due for a test soon anyway. I have been searching the net and FX and Hills seem to be the shooters favourite. However the Hills requires an external dry pack, whereas the FX has one built in. What do the forum members feel is the best pump out there? Any advice is greatly appreciated.
    I don't think so, unless there's a new FX pump I've not seen or heard about

I suspect you are confusing a simple moisture trap & drain on the FX, which pretty much every pump has, with the proper media filled dry pack as fitted to the hills pump.

I've had a few of both the Hills and FX, I still have a Hills. For me, they feel more robust and better built. Both imo would be considered the best out there
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Cheers guys for your repliies.

Yes AB it was a built in moisture trap on the FX Four stage pump, that was advertised on the Uttings web site. They claim you don't need a dry pack with this model?
    I think I will go with the Hills pump, as it has had some good reviews.

Cheers Ian

I use a hills built like a tank,never had no problems.

Hills with DryPak.
    And their product support is excellent (still selling service packs for Mk1 pumps that went of of production a about decade ago)

And the DryPak does make a noticeable difference. I found moisture condensed in a fill connector recently and realised it was due to the Drypak being about a year old. Changed it out for a fresh bag (About £2.99, lasts 3 months) and back to good dry air.

Thanks for the info guys. The pump is ordered and can't wait to try it out

What do you think of your pump Boss?
    Hard work?
    Easy?
    Good build quality?

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Hi All

CTS in Speke - £15 tested and filled!

HTH.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Retracted_Yeti View Post
    CTS in Speke - £15 tested and filled!

HTH.

Roy.
    £15 tested - is that for a hydro test or just a visual test ?

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spitzer View Post
    £15 tested - is that for a hydro test or just a visual test ?
    Hydro and visual, I put my 3L in on Wednesday picked it up the following Wednesday

HTH.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

Well having used the pump a few times, I must admit it is a great pump. Build quality is excellent and it is easy to use without inducing breathlessness or arm fatigue. The gauge seems accurate and the dry pack appears to do a great job of removing the moisture, as none is present upon opening the bleed valve. I also got 20% off from the Bay so all in all very happy with my purchase and would recommend it

Hi All

Weeeeeeell... these'll be back in stock sooner or later... https://www.amazon.co.uk/Electric-Pr.../dp/B06XPSQZ8L