Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sell all my guns..... again

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    I see you have started mate, we'll done. I just need to follow suit
    Yep, two down, several to go. The tough part is choosing which to sell. Todays shortlist contain a couple of supprises.

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    I felt like that last week then i layed out on a mintish skan r32 and then today on a pax fastfire 10. 1200 quid a week after i said id thin out my collection. Thats why i have my prosport.webley tracker deluxe and a lightning for sale. But if they dont sell i am running out of room it is an addiction but unlike fags and booze you can get your money back or make a few bob also.
    I have no doubt they'll build up again, the first weekend in April being a likely candidate! But I do need the room and most never get used.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    It is an addiction but unlike fags and booze you can get your money back or make a few bob also.
    That is true
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    I went off hunting about 15 years ago... more into tuning, and restoring older guns now. There's a lot of facets to this hobby

I keep to about 50, and just move on anything that hasn't been shot or lovingly cradled for more than 12 months

As said, if you buy secondhand, you don't really lose anything when it's time to move them on. So it's also quite a cheap hobby really.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

No, I sit him in that swing seat of yours and the rocking motion sends the little chap off to la la land
    Thinking about it, Dave.

Next time the little fellow falls asleep in my garden could you put a fishing rod in his hand as I need some more ornaments out there.

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Thinking about it, Dave.

Next time the little fellow falls asleep in my garden could you put a fishing rod in his hand as I need some more ornaments out there.
    I thought you tried that last year? Are you saying Pete is too tall or too ugly?
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I thought you tried that last year? Are you saying Pete is too tall or too ugly?
    image.jpeg

I'm taking lessons in that there diplomacy.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Yep, two down, several to go. The tough part is choosing which to sell. Todays shortlist contain a couple of supprises.

I have no doubt they'll build up again, the first weekend in April being a likely candidate! But I do need the room and most never get used.
    Same here nick. But its a bug and once you start its hard to stop.

I get as much pleasure fixing up old air rifles as I do shooting them. The danger is then that you become attached to them. You just have to harden your heart and let the ones that don't get shot go. I enjoy shooting all of my 'keepers', I sometimes struggle to find the time though. With that in mind, I'll be bringing a few to the bash table; lower end on the budget side of things but shootable.

I've been thinking the same thing, slowly losing Interest, but it doesn't help when you can't walk very far but I won't say no to a nice gun though
    Last edited by transporter; 24-02-2018 at 11:49 AM.

Went to the farm today, enjoyed my moleing as usual (5 today) then went shooting. God I'm bored of hunting, driving home I thought fxxx it sell the bloody lot, well except one springer (need that for the bash). I get like this now and again, but it's getting more regular. I love shooting the spinners at the bash, but don't really have the patience or much inclination to hunt anymore Just saying like

PS. Mick, I will still nail your magpies
    One all round PCP just in case, & the 3 Springer's you most like :-) oh & il give you a fiver for your vortex viper :-D
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Yes, but I'll wager good money that you'll not be saying the same a month from now -- let alone seven years and nine months from now ???
    Yeah... We will see a "should I buy a 95?" Thread on here
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    My collection "ebbs and flows" from time to time usually depending on what I'm chasing like most of us !
    At the moment its on a "downward spiral" from over 24 to 19, although it'll probably drop lower. Highest it ever got was 31 dropping down to 11 about six years ago.
    As a result of this, I have a few scopes I'll be off-loading soon but judging by past trends, I might be better off keeping 'em !
    “An airgun or two”………

A couple of good break barrels is all you need - one in each calibre.

With what is left over you can then take up airsoft, which is much better fun than shooting rabbits.

You get to take part in combat without ever being killed.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur John Smithsplease View Post
    A couple of good break barrels is all you need - one in each calibre.

With what is left over you can then take up airsoft, which is much better fun than shooting rabbits.

You get to take part in combat without ever being killed.
    See I sort of agree... But I say an underleaver in .177 with a 4-12 & a breakbarrel in .22 with a 2-7. Then a small .22 PCP for Justin.