Thread: Monocular recommendations

Monocular recommendations

Hi all

Looking for a monocular for target shooting. I'll be shooting around 25-50m and maybe eventually 100m, so I'm looking for a budget monocular (for pocket portability) so that I can see what I've shot at these distances. My price range is probably up to about £50

Ive seen the Vortex Solo in 8x25 and 10x25 for about £50, and I've also seen a UniqueFire 10-30x25 for about £20.

Any opinions or advice appreciated.
    Cheers

you can buy a 6 x 25 monocular that has a built in rangefinder for around £50 or not much more .

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Visionking-...g+range+finder I got mine or £54 or so and then a few quid for a battery . kills two birds with one stone

Thanks for the reply, I hadn't considered a rangefinder before as I know the distance I'm shooting currently but can see it would be useful.

Would 6x25 be powerful to see my shots at 25-100m?

I am thinking you might struggle to see pellet strikes at 100m on 6x

Try looking through a scope on 6x at something 100m away and see what you think.

Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by senor-cojones View Post
    Thanks for the reply, I hadn't considered a rangefinder before as I know the distance I'm shooting currently but can see it would be useful.

Would 6x25 be powerful to see my shots at 25-100m?
    With shoot and see targets I cant see why not . https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=sh...w=1366&bih=662

I'll get hold of some of those shoot and see targets as they look really helpful.

I've had some advice to invest in a better scope with more zoom, or to buy a spotting scope, but would negate the portable or open sight benefit of using a monocular.

I’ve found it a struggle using the excellent Vortex Solo R/T, at 100 yards, but it is just about do-able when using shoot n c, or dirty bird targets.
    I now just take a spotting scope.

If you want easily transportable there appear to be a lot of telescopic telescopes on evil bay with 25x mag and a low price tag. I can't advise how good they are but am tempted myself, even if only to be able to whip it out and do bad pirate impressions 😀
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)