Thread: dragon

dragon

hi just re built a dragon mk1 over the week end it now holds air fine.
    but can only get 510/12 fps with AA 16g pellets do you think it might need a little time to bed in.?
    thanks for looking

IIRC Jon Budd said the fit of the two O rings on the exhaust valve is critical for producing power.

With the Dragon I have in bits I can see what he's on about as the O rings dictate whether the exhaust valve breaks cleanly or not.

It may be worth testing again with 21grain Barracudas as these show the highest MV in all my MSPs.

All the best Mick

dragon

Hi many thanks for the pointer i take it your mean the small o ring in the middle of the lower
    valve chamber ? many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by partner k1250 View Post
    Hi many thanks for the pointer i take it your mean the small o ring in the middle of the lower
    valve chamber ? many thanks
    The bit I call the exhaust valve is the bit shaped like a stumpy javelin that points downhill in front of the trigger.

The exhaust valve has two different diameters which are sealed by O rings, as the bottom diameter of the valve is bigger than the top diameter, when the trigger is pulled the valve is pushed downwards because of the pressure difference on the two diameters.

IIRC The top O ring is quite a wide cross section and the bottom one is the thinner section which mounts on the brass piece --- these are the O rings which Jon said are critical to proper operation of the exhaust valve.

All the best Mick

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    IIRC Jon Budd said the fit of the two O rings on the exhaust valve is critical for producing power.

With the Dragon I have in bits I can see what he's on about as the O rings dictate whether the exhaust valve breaks cleanly or not.

All the best Mick
    yeah, wot he said that I said

it is likely to settle up a bit, and as they are not that much fun to strip, it might be worth seeing if that happens - especially if it's a bit chilly where you are testing !
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.