Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jackal AR7 valuation

Jackal AR7 valuation

Hi
    Found my self a Sussex Armoury jackal AR7 with single point scope

The single point is in bad condition
    Needs dome for front and adjustment covers missing

AR7 in not bad condition,it’s been in a loft for many years from what previous owner told me

Barrel needs re bluing

Can it be dated by serial numbers ?

I will put more pics up later when day light as I have just cleaned it

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/...71A544E0CC.jpg

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/...F2E5DF6403.jpg

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/...193AE9CE6B.jpg

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/...433CFBD7FD.jpg

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I think a really nice mint one would be about £300 to the right person, most of them would be £150-£200.

That one is corroded and will need a re-blue plus the internals looking at. They ran 'O' rings on the piston so at least you won't have any plastic cheese to deal with.

I think that would would be about £80-120 as it is, depends who is desperate for one. An interesting rifle from the 'airgun renaissance' of the late 70s. A copy of a Hammerli sidelever, made larger for more power, fitted into a military-style stock for Walts and the younger crowd, using the short barrel that Cardew said all a springer needed, fitted with the red-dot sight which the advertising implied was a laser designator. AGW had the tester go after clay pigeons with it ... One of the first full-power rifles completely designed by a marketing impulse. More expensive than an HW35 and not as good a performer, which is why the 35 is still in production. The Sussex Armoury Jackals lead to NSP Engineering and then on to Air Arms, so the AR7 has a small but significant place in British airgun history.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    I think a really nice mint one would be about £300 to the right person, most of them would be £150-£200.

That one is corroded and will need a re-blue plus the internals looking at. They ran 'O' rings on the piston so at least you won't have any plastic cheese to deal with.

I think that would would be about £80-120 as it is, depends who is desperate for one. An interesting rifle from the 'airgun renaissance' of the late 70s. A copy of a Hammerli sidelever, made larger for more power, fitted into a military-style stock for Walts and the younger crowd, using the short barrel that Cardew said all a springer needed, fitted with the red-dot sight which the advertising implied was a laser designator. AGW had the tester go after clay pigeons with it ... One of the first full-power rifles completely designed by a marketing impulse. More expensive than an HW35 and not as good a performer, which is why the 35 is still in production. The Sussex Armoury Jackals lead to NSP Engineering and then on to Air Arms, so the AR7 has a small but significant place in British airgun history.
    I think a nice mint one would be around £300 for the later Combat model with open sights & dummy mag - if its an original AR7 and got the original single point sight and one piece mount you could add another £150...

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    Bloody hell are prices that strong for these nowadays, I bought a Combat with dummy mag (but needs a reblue and a good service) for £80 a couple of years ago, it was up for sale for ages until I bought it, he wanted £150 originally.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Much the same as any collectable gun really...a rusty gun with no sights or missing parts (especially if the parts are not easy to find) is always going to be a fraction of a mint, complete original.

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Sorry Harvey, but £450 for a jackal is fantasy territory. I sold one last year with the original mount and the earler type SP sight for £120. The metalwork was painted black, which lowered the value somewhat, but, for a good one, I'd say somewhere north of £200, and up to about £280 for a boxed one.
    There is a FB group which allows sales (No, contrary to popular belief, it is not completely forbidden), see what they fetch on there.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post
    Sorry Harvey, but £450 for a jackal is fantasy territory. I sold one last year with the original mount and the earler type SP sight for £120. The metalwork was painted black, which lowered the value somewhat, but, for a good one, I'd say somewhere north of £200, and up to about £280 for a boxed one.
    There is a FB group which allows sales (No, contrary to popular belief, it is not completely forbidden), see what they fetch on there.
    I agree. 2 for sale on 'G Star' £550 the pair.

John
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.

Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post
    You sold yourself short my friend :.... An original Singlepoint sight on its own will fetch £120-£150 all day long

Add in that AR7's or Combat models are rare...and a good condition one with the correct bits (not a painted one or one that needs rebluing) is worth an easy £250 and you're at £400 - a minter would easily command a £50 premium on that.

It took me over £20 years to find an original AR7 with the one piece mount and original SP sight - I bought that over 10 years ago and I've not seen another in similar condition, I have seen many rusty old clunkers though....

jackal

how much is a woodsman then

Ar7 value

I agree with you harvey_s

They are now very scarce in good condition with single point sights as the star wars fans have been buying the sp's for years to make Han solo gun from star wars (just put Han solo/blaster gun in Google and click images)

I have a few single point sights and would not part with them.

I would pay £450 for Ar7 and sp sight if condition was good, but then I collect them.

To each his own.

Sideleverjohn
    Last edited by Sideleverjohn; 28-02-2018 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JLB View Post
    I agree. 2 for sale on 'G Star' £550 the pair.

John
    Actually nicely demonstrates my point... only one is an AR7 in a bit marked average condition, missing its SP sight and mount and its £275 on its own.
    It'll cost you another £150 to get a sight and forget trying to find the correct mount - so that'll be £425 for an incomplete well used one

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Actually nicely demonstrates my point... only one is an AR7 in a bit marked average condition, missing its SP sight and mount and its £275 on its own.
    It'll cost you another £150 to get a sight and forget trying to find the correct mount - so that'll be £425 for an incomplete well used one
    Makes you wonder why they haven't been snapped up then

John
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.

https://www.gunmart.net/shooting-adv...ast-the-jackal

clear pic of the mount mentioned earlier
    "But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked, but not comprised. We are interested and associated, but not absorbed."
    Winston Churchill 1930

More pics

Hi I dusted her off put sight back on with the original mount

I will be putting her up for sale soon as I have to many
    Thank you all for your replies

Quote Originally Posted by JLB View Post
    Makes you wonder why they haven't been snapped up then

John
    Errr, that'll be because its too expensive for the condition, do keep up - tatty stuff will never command mint prices
    The point I was making was what it will cost you to get a decent one and even tatty ones are not cheap when you consider what it would cost you to restore one.