Thread: HW90 Conversion

HW90 Conversion

Has anyone ever fitted a short barrel as per the Fenman and if so with what result,it seems to me that pre HE fenman system was the same as used on the 90 except for diameter so it seems it should work.

The potential loss in muzzle energy from shortening a barrel will depend to a greater extent on the available piston stoke than the cylinder diameter. If the HW90 has the longer stroke, a greater range of pellets will have lower muzzle energy if you shorten the barrel.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    90 is ~80mm stroke, 30mm bore, and a big heavy piston, and is not really very similar to the fenman at all.

Personally, I'd not shorten it much - 12" is the lowest I'd consider - easy to try it with a std HW 12" barrel.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    I had a 90k once in .177 and that was a bitch to cock, so I can't imagine how hard it would be with an even shorter barrel.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in