Thread: Umarex 850 Airmagnum rifle

Umarex 850 Airmagnum rifle

I have offered to help an aging relative sell a Umarex 850 Air magnum rifle in .22 flavour.

It appears to be in good general condition however it apparently leaks where the CO2 canister screws in.

Have any of you had the same issues and if so, is it a simple seal replacement?

Once fixed has any one got an idea of what its worth.......Its not got a spring in it or any wood either so its not my cup of tea at all

Many thanks in advance.

Cheers Steve

Sounds like missing "O" ring or seal. Have you had a look at a diagram/parts list and checked the gun against this?

Many thanks - I'm just about to strip it down

Cheers Steve

I think Bagnall & Kirkwood (A1 Tackle Shop) do seal kits for them on Evil bay, or a set of three cylinder seals for £4-5.
    Search for Umarex/Hammerli 850 AirMagnum CO2 Bottle O Ring Seals.
    I don't think you will need to do much in the way of stripping down, and if it is just a cylinder leak I would avoid going "in" any further!
    Chambers have diagram on their webite

Quote Originally Posted by Shedder View Post
    I think Bagnall & Kirkwood (A1 Tackle Shop) do seal kits for them on Evil bay, or a set of three cylinder seals for £4-5.
    Search for Umarex/Hammerli 850 AirMagnum CO2 Bottle O Ring Seals.
    I don't think you will need to do much in the way of stripping down, and if it is just a cylinder leak I would avoid going "in" any further!
    Chambers have diagram on their webite
    Many thanks.

I'll start with the cylinder seals first - at only a few £'s is a no brainer.

Have you got an idea on what its worth up and running?

Cheers Steve

Changed the seal where the CO2 cylinder screws in....Job Done.

No further leaks whatsoever.

Use it for about an hour this morning at Iden Ferns on a new C02 cylinder and it shot very well - I then changed to a springer to get my sanity back..

Many thanks for your suggestions.

Cheers Steve

Pleased you got it sorted.
    I think that secondhand they could be a good bet for someone wanting a recoil-less air gun for a bit of short range ratting with night vision.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedder View Post
    Pleased you got it sorted.
    I think that secondhand they could be a good bet for someone wanting a recoil-less air gun for a bit of short range ratting with night vision.
    Agreed - I took it to Iden Ferns yesterday and was surprised how good it was - albeit not my cup of tea. It was making a single ragged hole at 30 M with a single magazine full of Super Domes.

Cheers Steve