Thread: Repaired / Restored that's the question?....

Repaired / Restored that's the question?....

Hi Guys,

Can the black synthetic covering on modern rifle stocks be repaired / restored if it becomes chipped or damaged?

I look forward to reading your replies.

Cheers,

Mike

Yes, with filler of some sort, if the finish is stippled or similar, make a cast & use that as a stamp to imprint the finish to the filler.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Somethng like this might replicate the rubberised finishes some guns have... https://youtu.be/QS1rMoSVgBs

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Somethng like this might replicate the rubberised finishes some guns have... https://youtu.be/QS1rMoSVgBs
    Magic, your a gentleman, thank you....

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Yes, with filler of some sort, if the finish is stippled or similar, make a cast & use that as a stamp to imprint the finish to the filler.
    as AB above says . you can buy a car bumper repair kit that comes with a sheet that you put on when the product is tacky and it gives the repaired bit the effect that is on the rest of the bumper . I cant remember where i saw it now . I saw it online .

There is texture type paints that will do the same thing but ideally it would need to be a bodyshop to do it as the good stuff needs to be thinned down to match the original finish.

or you could use Dip-It and redo the whole stock in a rubber soft touch finish

or Bed liner paint

Might be a bit rough to touch though