Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: YouTube banning airgun videos

A few of channels have started moving to vimeo now,
    A good alternative to you tube.
    Giles, edgun plus others on there now guys

Quote Originally Posted by darrenmoody2000 View Post
    Looks like YouTube have blocked quite a lot of airgun related videos.
    Deemed to violent nature yet I have some real firearms subscriptions that have not been touched
    Andy airguns review
    Replica airguns(some seeto work but most airgun, airsoft have become private)
    Airgungearshow
    Replica-reviews
    And possibly many more, looks like some are ok at the moment
    B.A.R
    Airgun-review.tv and some others

Personally it looks like YouTube are forcing their political view or yet another British politicians driving yet another nail in the coffin at UK airgun scene.
    How often do you hear of a shooter(Mainly America) going into a school with airguns and shooting/killing students and teachers.
    Might have to do away with YouTube as a lot of these people who put various types of videos are jumping ship to other platforms but a lot of these charge to use.
    Rant over lol
    Thanks
    Daz

They're making their channels private to avoid being flagged offensive, as once they're flagged they don't receive any money for them.

not that it will avail much but I am in the process of complaining to google / youtube and saying that that I am removing all of their apps, services and engines from my devices / phones as I will not profit them with advertising & data revenue by using their services, there are enough alternates out there who might not be so big but still do the job

hit them where it hurts in their pockets

Yeah my channel, "Clustermarc's Airsoft and Airgun Reviews and more" also good permanently delete on Friday, no real warnings, unless you count a strike email at 4:17am the same time as the email saying my channel has been terminated. Many years of videos and helping people all gone, and no way of contacting people.
    It's a very sad time for us all.

I'm not going to give up though I'm going to try contacting YouTube again today and even looking into other video hosting places like vimeo which Giles now uses..

ATB Marc /aka clustermarc
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

It appears that they are breaking their own rules by doing this.
    But I doubt that will bother them.

You might find that it is that work experience boy again trying to follow unclear orders from management.
    See Charge of The Light Brigade.

Quote Originally Posted by GB2017 View Post
    not that it will avail much but I am in the process of complaining to google / youtube and saying that that I am removing all of their apps, services and engines from my devices / phones as I will not profit them with advertising & data revenue by using their services, there are enough alternates out there who might not be so big but still do the job

hit them where it hurts in their pockets
    Just cancelled all our families Google play music and movie accounts.

And you tube 😉

Will you be changing your Mobile to a windows one or an IPhone too?

some more for you to boycott too
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Google_products

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Will you be changing your Mobile to a windows one or an IPhone too?

some more for you to boycott too
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Google_products
    I have a samsung android which is open source but tied to google currently, have already deleted the majority of google apps and migrating to the Samsung apps, so effectively yes

Airgun Geas Show is now back on youtube. My guess is that the rest will follow.

It seems that this process was the result of an automated process on youtube that was not necessarily aiked at air rifles.

My bet is that normality (with regard to air rifles) will be restored. However, for other firearms on youtube i would guess that the future could well be turbulent.

NB: matt dubber removed his own content but kept his channel (with nothing on it). I guess any time now he will add the videos back to the youtube channel.

Edit: Youtube is going in to self destruct mode again!
    Last edited by CuppaT; 27-02-2018 at 09:30 AM.

Has anyone considered that it might be anti shooting types putting multiple complaints against these video's or channels causing them to be blocked ?

I have no idea how it works but seems too random for it to be youtube themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Has anyone considered that it might be anti shooting types putting multiple complaints against these video's or channels causing them to be blocked ?

I have no idea how it works but seems too random for it to be youtube themselves.

Yes i said this also . Recent shooting and the snowflakes are going after gun channels . Does not matter if its airguns,shotguns,rifles or antitank gun videos . They will flag them .

The Military Arms Channel had a video from 5 years ago get a strike after the vegas shooting . It was a bump stock video. the vegas shooter used a bump stock . can't find the video as Tim has disabled his videos to stop them being hit with strikes . Article from Twang and Bang here http://twangnbang.net/2017/10/youtub...to-publishers/
    Guns are bad Mkay
    Last edited by bighit; 28-02-2018 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post

This is exactly what has happened. These people are in my humble opinion ' fanatics ' and fanatics in any shape, form or political persuations are dangerous. U tube should have better safeguards in place against such coordinated assaults. Today is the gun channels, what about tomorrow? Religious fanatics learning from these lot flagging movie trailers, music videos and so on? Where has responsible right to freedom of expression and speech gone? We live in a very dangerous world at the moment my friend. Many a freedoms that we take for granted are under attack or have been removed for various dubious reasons.

A.G

how come airguns are banned yet firearms are still allowed, including sawn off shotguns etc

Quote Originally Posted by busanga View Post
    how come airguns are banned yet firearms are still allowed, including sawn off shotguns etc
    Perhaps because they show fluffy animals/birds being shot

Meanwhile, according to a news story I saw this morning, YouTube continues, despite protests, to host videos of American neo-Nazi tossers playing with AR-15s and chanting "Death to the k*k*s - race war now!" and a whole load of other sick nonsense.