Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recommended scopes like the Simmons 1.5-5x20

Recommended scopes like the Simmons 1.5-5x20

Hi all,
    I'm ideally after a Simmons WTC 1.5-5x20 but was wondering what else is out there that is similar and spring gun rated? If there is one with a higher mag that would be ideal, so what's out there please? Many thanks.
    Sometimes I sits and thinks, but mostly I just sits.

Quote Originally Posted by hedgemumper View Post
    Hi all,
    I'm ideally after a Simmons WTC 1.5-5x20 but was wondering what else is out there that is similar and spring gun rated? If there is one with a higher mag that would be ideal, so what's out there please? Many thanks.
    There are all sorts depending on your budget.

A.G

Don't be tempted by the BSA Advanced 1-4×24

I got one in a sale because a £100~ scope with those specs looked comparable - It's not

Personally, I wouldn't get a scope below a 40mm object lens, 20mm just doesnt let enough light in...I have recently bought the 3-12X40 by Atom, bought from Amazon for £50, and I absolutly love it.

I'm not sure if they're available new any more but 'Rhino' did a 1.5-4x26 and another model up to x10 mag in a 26mm lens. I have a 1.5-4x26 and like it a lot. May be worth keeping an eye out for one s/h.

The Simmons used to be the best available in that category but for current scopes I rate the Nikon Pro Staff 2~7x32 very highly. The Simmons is still very popular and come up quite regularly on here selling for £75-85 depending on condition. I paid £100 for my boxed Pro Staff in really nice condition.. Mine actually has the BDC reticule but most of them around in the UK have 30:30 reticules . You can pay more as most of the top end makers offer something around that spec so as usual it will depend on your budget and what you want to use it for.
    Funnily enough I also recently bought a Leapers 2~7x32 scope with mildot for only £30 and that is almost as good as the Nikon but with a more useful reticule than 30:30.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Another cracking little scope of a similar ilk is the Simmons Expedition 1.5-7x32 which is also no longer made but crops up now again secondhand !
    I manged to get one of these for a Fenman and wouldn't mind another !
    A higher price bracket but superb scope is the Vortex Diamondback 2-8x32 dead hold BDC !
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Another cracking little scope of a similar ilk is the Simmons Expedition 1.5-7x32 which is also no longer made but crops up now again secondhand !
    I manged to get one of these for a Fenman and wouldn't mind another !
    A higher price bracket but superb scope is the Vortex Diamondback 2-8x32 dead hold BDC !
    The white tail expedition is a cracking little scope, I have the 1.5-6x32 on my 97.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivapilot View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't get a scope below a 40mm object lens, 20mm just doesnt let enough light in...I have recently bought the 3-12X40 by Atom, bought from Amazon for £50, and I absolutly love it.
    Doesn't quite work like that...

Recommended scopes like the Simmons 1.5-5x20

Lol! I've compared my little whitetails with lots of other scopes in low light & none come near it's light gathering abilities. Also people tend to forget the higher the mag on a zoom scope the less light & smaller fov it can have.
    Last edited by junglie; 26-02-2018 at 01:29 PM.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by dan00001 View Post
    The white tail expedition is a cracking little scope, I have the 1.5-6x32 on my 97.

Thats the one sir !

Beautiful aren't they and very sensibly proportioned !
    “An airgun or two”………

Simmons

Little Simmons Expedition on evil bay if that helps. Note I have nothing to do with the sale. Simmons also did the WTC 2-8 x 36, again another lovely scope. Mach 1.5

Thank you all for the suggestions, I'll give them all a bit of thought.
    Sometimes I sits and thinks, but mostly I just sits.

Hi all,
    Nikon Pro Staff 2-7x32, makes the Simmons look decidedly dullard .
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Hi all,
    How about the bigger brother Simmons WTC 3-10x40, same scope but just slightly bigger.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in