Thread: Fx impact

Fx impact

Has the fx impact had its problems resolved

wellhouse0 Guest

impact

mine hasn't had any! I sometimes wonder if one person having a problem, becomes an internet 'problem' that is not a 'real' problem at all. I'm sure all big manufactures have the occasional problem - i guess how they handle it is really the point. There's 2 others in the club i'm in and they are fine as well. I talked to Liam at airfective before buying mine and he put my mind at rest pretty quickly, lets face it - he should know. Talking to him, it's normally down to people twiddling with the power settings (sometimes too much adjustability is not a good thing?)

Got a mate with one a trouble free rifle apart from when he set the trigger too light,his own doing completely,not heard of any issues with the ones I know of

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    They seem to be getting better, I read more good than bad when once it was the other way around, mine was pants though, and I would not buy another at present, not at the kind of money they ask and the other options out there.

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Quote Originally Posted by happy harry View Post
    Has the fx impact had its problems resolved
    1st generation of impacts had a bit of a seal issue, where the regulator tube seal would pinch and the tube would twist, and obviously the rifle would loose air pressure.
    Also the pellet probe on some rifles was a little sharp and caused the breach seal to wear quickly.

On a few rifles the probe retaining screw snapped, causing the probe to dislocate.

Other issues were caused by the user, as said earlier “setting trigger incorrectly”, “messing with power settings with rifle cocked”

The 2nd generation of Impacts saw a massive improvement in manufacturing tolerance and virtually eliminated the seal issues.
    Also a different grade of material has been used on the probe retaining screw, and none have snapped since.

My Sub12 2nd generation Impact is coming up on 10 months old, and has thrown over 10’000 pellets with no issues at all.

Bad news stories are based on a very small minority of sales, but like all negative news..... travels as if the earth was heading towards the sun.

One of my happiest purchases ever was my Impact, and the only way i’ll give it up is from the arms of my dead corpse.
    FX ImpactX, AirArms HFT500, 2xAirArms S200 MK3, Webley Omega, Weihrauch HW95, HW97K, HW98, HW99s, AirArms S200mk3, Gunpower Stealth, Weihrauch HW40pca, HW45 Black Star, Webley Alecto, Crosman 2240, Artemis pp700sa, Swiss Arms SA P1911, Walther CP88 competition, CP99