Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Postal methods for airguns.

Quote Originally Posted by rovercoupe View Post
    Not sent a gun for a while and sold one the other day and the parcelforce website has changed so if you book it online you Have to declare what is in the package now not just declare that it nothing on the naughty list.
    It was declared as low powered air rifle so will have to see if it makes it today now they know what they are shipping
    Not sure if it's what you mean, but guns cannot be collected, the rules state you must take them to a Post Office.

Quote Originally Posted by Alakar View Post
    Posted a pistol and red dot this morning.
    Was hoping to do RMSD, sadly it was over 2kg which means it had to go by PF48 .
    As others have said though , it may not get scanned , I wasn't asked what was in it , I think they've stopped asking me .
    Only downside is it takes a little longer to get there . I set the compensation level at £100 so total cost was £12.98 .
    You cannot "set the level", all you get is the basic level provided on the service you use, guns are excluded from any further compensation this has been stated dozens of times.

Quote Originally Posted by where's it gone View Post
    So what is best .22 or .177 ?
    The one that you can shoot staright.

A.G

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Being a little apprehensive about sending an airgun through "the post", I carefully read up on the process ie. Parcelforce 48 going through the fine print. On finding the relevent section regarding "low powered airguns" I printed it off and took it down to my local PO.
    I know the people there very well but I couldnt help but see the slightly pained expression on the face of the Lady post mistress when I mentioned the word "airgun".
    I then produced my printed sheet which she carefully read then she dug out "her paperwork" from behind the counter which confirmed all I had read and produced.
    After that she was happy to proceed and I took an airgun down to be posted (PF 48 or 24) the next day no issues at all !
    Moral of the storey is obviously to politely inform PO staff of the facts as it may be that posting an airgun is not something frequently carried out in many Post Offices or like many of us, they are simply not entirely aware of the " small print" !
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Not sure if it's what you mean, but guns cannot be collected, the rules state you must take them to a Post Office.

You cannot "set the level", all you get is the basic level provided on the service you use, guns are excluded from any further compensation this has been stated dozens of times.
    You can book online. Declare the contents and print the label. Then just drop off at post office and no further questions

Quote Originally Posted by AdeC View Post
    You can book online. Declare the contents and print the label. Then just drop off at post office and no further questions
    Yes thanks I'm aware already, but you can also book a collection & it's not clear from the post which he has "booked on line" hence my comment.