Thread: Air arms hft chronograph results

Air arms hft chronograph results

As title rifle at 170 bar runs at 10.47 ftlb thought this was a bit low in power ? My daystate mk4 is chronograph at same time bang on 11.00 ftlb .
    Hft 500 shoots great no problems with accuracy. !!!
    I would like a bit more power after reading the magic number being 777 ft/s
    can a gunsmith increase power ? Its under warranty but not sure i can claim its faulty ?

Quote Originally Posted by blankmag View Post
    I would like a bit more power after reading the magic number being 777 ft/s
    It isn't a magic number and you won't notice any difference. The difference between 10.47 and 11.00ft/lb is only 20fps or 3%, which you could get from shot to shot variation anyway.

There is no magic number of anysort. I would say that 10.5 ft.lbs @ 170 bar is quite good and if you chrono the rifle at 150 bar you will be pleasantly surprised that the rifle is now making about 11 ft.lbs or very near. These guns do have a power curve and the sweet spot is around 160~140 bars.

A.G

I know there's no magic number but 777 is often mentioned by target shooters as being the 'sweet and optimal' power, giving enough of a barrier for different pellets weights and slight power increases due to temp/mechanical changes without loosing the edge on the longer range targets.

I suspect that your rifle will have anti tamper fitted so prudent not to discuss that on the open forum, even though (IMHO) responsible shooters should be able to adjust power whenever they need to. You're not far from me so please feel free to drop me a PM as i know someone who might be able to help.
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us